• 11

The whole night Monami didn't do anything except for crying. She knew that there's no life for her without Karan , but going against Suhana's decision and disrespecting her didn't go well with her. She can't be selfish , she thought.

The next day ,

All the preparations were going on.

Pandit ji - dulhan ko bulayiye.

S - ji

Suhana accompanied Monami till the mandap and made her sit besides Dev. She didn't even look up at him , her mind , her heart , her soul , everything was stuck at her Karan.

She looked around the place but he wasn't there. Suddenly , out of nowhere her face turned horror stricken , like she has realised something. She was sweating badly.

M (whispered) - Dev

D - hmm

M (in a shivering voice) - i am sorry.

D - why ?

M - yeh shaadi nhi ho sakti. I am sorry , maine bahut bdi pagalpanti ki hai , i didn't think about you. I am sorry , i can't marry you.

She was on the verge of crying.

D ( casually) - hmm , okay.

M - maine kaha na Dev , i can't marry

Being baffled with his casual behaviour , she angrily turned for her breath to halt. The next second witnessing Karan sitting besides her in groom's dress. He passed a wink to her and continued doing his work which Pandit ji was asking him to. She froze and looked at him with widened eyes.
She then placed her hands on his hands to check if it was her dream.

M - Karan ?

By the time , her eyes started pouring down with  tears , which he immediately wiped before falling.

K - Monami !? Tum ro kyu rhi ho ? Ab toh sab thik ho gya na ? Vahan dekho.

He pointed towards Suhana who instantly passed an assuring smile to Monami. Besides Suhana , Dev was standing who showed a thumbs up to Monami.

K(cupping her face) - you don't have to worry about anything now , jab tak main tumhare saath ho , tumhari zindagi me vahi hoga jo tum chahogi.

She remained silent , still being confused.

K - what ? You still aren't out of shock ? Tumhe kya lga main itni asaani se tumhe mujhse durr jaane dunga ? Sab samjh aa gya tha mujhe , kal raat

Flashback

The whole scene when Monami broke down and cried her heart out , confessed her love for Karan , was witnessed by Karan. When Monami ran towards her room , Karan too came behind her to know the reason behind her sudden sorrow. Hearing her continuous sobs , he tried opening the door but it was locked , so he opened the window to witness a scene that broke his heart.

K (crying) - itna pyaar karti ho tum mujhse ? You are ready to sacrifice me , par main nhi. Main tumhe nhi chodd sakta. Tumhari khushi mere saath hai , yeh mujhe pta chal gya , ab main vahi karunga jo mujhe sahi lge. Hum saath honge Monami , bahut jald. Aur puri zindagi ke liye.

He said with a determined voice.

Without wasting a moment , he went to Suhana's room , to find her arranging clothes in Monami's trolley.

K - mom

S - arré Karan , aao na. Soe nhi abhi tak ? I know tum Monu ke baare me soch rhe hoge , pehli baar tumhe akela chodd kar jaa rhi hai na. Mujhe pta hai mushkil hai tumhare liye par