Goodbyes & Greetings

Sydney
September 11th, 1995

As of right now I am absolutely dreading this morning. I am not a morning person yet I have so much to do today. Dropping my little sister off at the airport is the first thing then my aunt and I will head to HU to start moving in. While today is busy I'm just glad I'm able to get it done.

"Are you sure you have everything?" I ask Leah while I'm  sitting in the passenger seat as she buckles herself up in the back seat.

"Yes mother" Leah replies chuckling.

"Alright doors are locked let's get this day started" Aunt Joyce says after she gets in the drivers seat.

The drive to the airport is about twenty minutes from my aunts house so around fifteen minutes I remember that Leah has tryouts for cheerleading at her middle school the next day.

"Leah, is mom taking you to tryouts tomorrow?"

"Yeah, she said I might be late though so I'm hoping whatever she has to do it'll be quick" Leah responded.

"What does she have to?"

"I don't know"

Since Leah doesn't know I drop it but I also make sure to call my mom at the airport to let her know that Leah is on her way.

We finally arrive to the airport and I get out the car to help Leah with her things and get her settled in the airport, you know I'm on my big sister duties.

"Bye auntie!" Leah says while giving our aunt a hug through the window.

"Bye baby! Please be good to yourself and to your mom, okay?"

"I will!"

"I'll be right back I'm gonna call mom to let her know Leah's coming" I inform Aunt Joyce.

"Okay I'll be parked over here" Aunt Joyce says as she points the the parking lot near her.

"I'm going to call mom to let her know you're on the way and then I'm gonna help you inside" I tell Leah as we walk to the nearest pay phone.

"I don't need help inside Sydney, I can do it myself"

"You can do it yourself huh? Last week you were crying talking about your luggage was heavy and you couldn't drag it" I remind her.

"It was heavy because your stuff was in there too dummy" Leah says. I immediately shut up because she's definitely is right but she didn't have to call me a dummy I just forgot.

After two people ahead of us finish their conversation on the pay phone it's my turn to use the phone. After a few rings she finally answers.

"Hello"

"Hey, mom. I just wanted to call and tell you that Leah is at the airport and she'll be home around 10:30"

"Dammit Sydney you should've called me earlier now I have to take her with me!" My mom exclaims.

"Take her with you? Where are you going?"