Chapter 3 - Family

It was day four of (First)'s recovery as Sakura was going in the room to take his tray of food and check to see how his recovery was moving along. She was happy that she still had a good patient on her floor. This patient also didn't have any trouble nourishing.

"Thank you again Nurse Sakura." Nodded (First).

"No complaints?" She asked.

"When you are on a mission that's lengthy, you cherish and appreciate when someone takes the time to cook things. Simple things like rice is life. Not ideal to pack and cook in the forest or large open and unoccupied places. Too heavy and hard to cook over a fire."

"I can't argue that." Sakura smiled. "Just a heads up, I heard the (Last) family checked in for visitation. From what you recalled they aren't exactly Sensei and your Genin squad friends."

"They say how many?" Asked (First).

"I, well-" She paused to think. "How many would you expect?"

"Could be two. Could be ten."

"Oh my..." Sakura's eyes were widened on the thought. She sensed this would be trouble. Ten visitors in one room arguing would be a mess. "I'll alert the other nurses."

"Alright. Thank you for all."

As she made her rounds for the hour she noticed that there were six people walking into (First)'s room. One man, two women, two girls, and one boy. Not a huge party, but possibly starting a little ruckus. She did have others keep an ear out as she was making her rounds. Especially when some of the people in care weren't exactly great or well behaved patients. Some didn't rest, didn't eat, and showed little respect. As Sakura did her best to bite her tongue to avoid conflict. 

"Son." (First)'s father stepped in along with his mother, aunt, sister, brother, and little cousin. "What trouble did you stir into this time?"

"Life on a shinobi and doesn't all have it's perks. But I have a fast recovery compared to others, will take it easy when I'm released in a few days, and maybe I'll find my friend use some Earth  jutsu to help you with that hole that needs to be dug soon. Sound good?" (First) smiled.

"I do not think we are on the same page." His father cleared his throat.

"Let me guess. Help you continue to build in the village with you? We are not having this debate today as I lay here unable to leave this room. That's unfair, uncalled for, and I am not having this argument with you in front of everyone and the nurse has a huge potential of kicking my ass since I know first hand she can put a hole in the ground big enough to put a water tower in it." (First) was bold and firm. He had to set the record straight or else he would be hearing it all day long.

"A nurse causing that much damage and havoc?" His father was shocked. "I am in disbelief. Who is this nurse?"

(First) smirked. "Sakura Haruna. Trained under Lord 5th Hokage Father. A healer, but can break the bricks off anyone and anything. Hard to believe if you haven't seen it before."

"A shinobi and Hokage apprentice is treating you?" Pondered his father.

"Yes. She helped me when I was unconscious and its been such pleasant for being bedridden for a week. A few days to go and light duty. Now can we make this easy and make that conversation for another time?" (First) at some point had to put his foot down. He was a man. If he was old enough to drink sake, he was old enough to be a man of reason and make a mature decision.

His father bowed. "Another time. We all came to check on your recovery." 

"Thank you all." (First) smiled as he went to greeting his siblings, cousin, aunt, and mother. They were going to be staying for a little bit as well. 

His little brother went up to him. "So what happened?"

"Well Jude fists can only get you so far. I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and they brought me back after treatment. Also, just remember. Because you're getting to academy age. Not saying you should join. That's on you. But it doesn't matter if its construction, being a ninja, or running a new ramen shop. No nurse in this hospital can heal stamina with jutsu. I promise you that. Remember that for the rest of your life. Same with everyone in here." (First) looked at his little sister and cousin. "Got that Yui and Reen?"

They all nodded as his aunt smiled. "You are wise for your age."

"You have to be in my line of work right Aunt Yuzu?" (First) smiled.

Then his mother walked up. "As much as it pains me seeing you here, I have also seen your father hurt at work. His back isn't what it used to be."

"Dear? Must we talk about my lumbago?" Sighed the father.

"Preparation and rest Father. And remember that mother's tea is healing and life. Also, I try not to drink. Keeps the body better hydrated. Especially when you travel light." (First) looked at his mother giving him the 'I told you so' like glare. No words out of his mother's mouth. But his father knew. With no words of response coming out of his mouth. Nurse will be happy that there isn't any noise now. Died down in a minute or two. Just the way she likes it.

~~~~~

One of the nurses found Sakura stopping for a few minutes to have some tea. There were a few moments of calm. "Sakura."

Sakura looked up at nurse. "What's going on Heidi?" 

"The guests of that room you mentioned have just left. No issues what so ever." She replied.

"Oh really? I honestly didn't see that coming. How's he doing?"

"He's a great patient. Quiet, good listener, high pain tolerance, isn't rude, and he's thankful. What more could you ask for? If he's single?" Asked Heidi sarcastically.

"Why's that important?" Sakura questioned.

"Somebody would trade their husband for him. That's for certain. Come on. You're an available woman. Think about it."

"Excuse me?" Sakura blushed.

"It's understandable that some ninjas don't find love. But as fair as I am concerned, you have adjusted from ninja to nurse. Jutsu still involved, but you have a life that is more settled down. And this young man usually goes with missions not leaving the land of Leaf. Do I go on?" Heidi smirked and sat down across from her. "I'd trade mine."

"Why do you say that?" Sakura was confused. Was that a joke and a bad one at that, or was she making a point.

"He has qualities you just can't teach. When a man is old enough to drink at a bar, he is mostly set in his ways. Unless it's something foreign to him, a new skill or opponent, or it involves parenting, good luck trying to teach a man." 

"I can't argue there Heidi."

"Maria on the floor below us would love him."

Sakura shook her head. "Let's wait for him to get released. How about that?"

"Oh. I'm sorry, did I strike a nerve?" Heidi smirked. "You know how the game works. You had fine ninja have a curse on you at some point. "Lord Hokage. His friend. Rock Lee that I thought would never be cured or ever be a shinobi again. You see my point. Act, or let someone capitalize."

~~~~~

Yeah. What she said.

-Relly