Chapter 1

I own everything to my mother.She showed me everything I now know in the world.

Everything lovely,everything I should know about this strange world we live on.

But one thing is the one that I'll forever be grateful for to my mother.

For showing me,introducing me to the man that changed my whole life so drastically.The King.

People call him the King,and he is still known to this day for the tremendous talent he had as an artist in what he so loved doing.

I could ever refer to the one and only Elvis.Elvis motherfucking Presley.

Jet black hair,two plump lips,the prettiest blue eyes,the most stunning smile,looks that could kill,and a majestic voice,that no other artist possessed.

Described with just four simple words by my mother:sex on a stick.And I could never agree more.

Reading,listening and noticing every single thing,he seemed like the type on paper of every girl that laid her eyes upon him.

And of course..Why would I be the exception?

I was told that while my mother was pregnant with me,she said that she wanted me to look like her.

Her wish had officially become true.In every way possible!

"Oh God,look how handsome he was!"my friend interrupted my thoughts,and I looked at the screen in front of me.

We were watching Blue Hawaii,one of Elvis' movies,and she could not help but comment on how beautiful Elvis looked.

She was just like me again.In every way possible.I smiled and nodded.He sure was the most handsome man I had ever laid my eyes upon.

If there was a way where our wishes would come true,I would ask for one thing:To have a chance to see him in person.

To experience by first hand the extraordinary talent he had as an artist.He meant the absolute world to me.

But the sad realization that always hit me in times like this,was that I was born many years after his tragic passing.

That no matter how hard I wanted this,I would never be able to see him in person.To tell him that he changed so many lives.

One of these,being my own.He made and makes my days better.

The movie finished hours later.Me and my friend were sleepy,so we turned off the TV and decided to sleep.

My friend had already fallen asleep when I looked outside,in the night sky,and saw a star falling.

With eyes almost filled with tears,I whispered like he could hear me:"How I wish I could see and hug you right now."

My eyes closed and I fell asleep.

When my eyes opened again,it was day.I was in my room,but everything started to change from this moment.

My room had completely transformed like it had come out from a 60's magazine for furniture.

I looked at myself,and I was still wearing the clothes of the night before.A black shirt and pants.

As I got up and looked all around my room,my mouth fell open as I watched it being almost completely covered with photos and posters of Elvis.

Well...That's at least the only thing I could have done in this room..

When my friend walked out of the bathroom and looked at me,she seemed like she was looking at an alien or something.

"What?"I said,looking at myself,and then back at her,as I watched her pulling some clothes out of my wardrobe.

She was completely dressed in 60's style of clothes."Someone is pulling a prank on me."I thought to myself.

My friend placed the clothes on the bed,and said:"Girl,Daisy,get dressed,we have to go and see Elvis."

To say that I felt like something had exploded in my head was an understatement."Who?"I asked,believing that I didn't hear correctly.

"Elvis!"my friend repeated,and my mouth fell open."Hold on,what year are we in?"I asked,as I grabbed my head.

I felt like it would explode."1968!"she answered like it was a casual question.I suddenly froze.

Elvis,1968...This could only mean one thing.I fell asleep in the year 2023,and woke up back in 1968,hearing my friend saying that I needed to get ready for us to go see...

"The '68 Comeback Special."I said with my friend at the same time.

The realization hit me.Did I just time travel 54 years ago,to one of the most significant points of the career of the greatest entertainer the world had ever seen?

Was I really going to meet Elvis Presley?"What the hell?"I exclaimed,feeling like I was about to pass out.

This could not be happening,right?Time travel was,and could never be possible.Even after a crazy night with your best friend.

A crazy night consisting of drinking your asses off,and watching basically every single movie your own celebrity crush had starred in.

Your own celebrity crush,that the last time you knew what was happening,had been gone from the planet for 45 years!

I inhaled deeply and exhaled as I grabbed my head,closing my eyes,in an attempt to make myself calm down.

"Girl,I know what's happening in your mind,but now it's not the time to freak out!We have to go see Elvis fucking Presley!"

My friend yelled,practically pushing me to get up,shoving my clothes in my hands,and pushing me in the bathroom.

First task.I needed to get ready.That was easy,right?

I got ready and then I walked with my friend out.We walked to the studio,and got in.

We found a place to sit close to the stage,and waited anxiously for something,or someone to appear.

I still didn't know what was happening,but I froze in my place when I saw a well-known man,dressed in all black leather,walking out.

He walked to the stage,a cheeky grin plastered on his face,as I looked up at him,lips hanging open.

Elvis Presley.Elvis Aaron Presley.

Standing in front of me,Greek god like,looking all around at his adoring fans.I knew what was happening.

But this...

This could not be happening...

Right?