Chapter 1: The Investigation

“Good Morning Ai'Park”

“Good Morning Ai'Park”. The police chief groaned inaudibly and looked up to see a businessman named Poppy Phakin and his wife standing opposite the chief. “Good morning Ai’Poppy and Khun Min. Please take a seat.” Park wanted to get rid of the man as soon as he could since Poppy would visit or call him often for petty things. “Our younger son, Tutor had been kidnapped. We want you to put your best detective on this case and find our son as soon as possible.” Min said. Park was surprised. He was quiet for a minute, trying to figure out if he heard right. Park collected himself, remembered he was a senior police officer, and proceeded with the questioning. After the brief questioning, he knew who to put on the case. “Ai’Poppy, Khun Min, I know a detective that is best for this task. I promise to you that he will find Tutor in a few days and the kidnapper will be behind bars in no time.” Park sounded confident in his decision. He picked up the telephone receiver on his desk and dialled a number. “Please come into my office quickly.” Park said and hung up. “Ai’Poppy, Khun Min, I would like you both to meet the detective that will be working on this case. You can talk to him and tell him all that you wish for him to know.” As soon as Park finished his sentence, a short, young guy walked into the room. “Than, you called me?” He asked the chief. “Nat, this is Khun Poppy, a businessman, and his wife Khun Min. Their son, Tutor has been kidnapped. You are tasked to find him.” Park introduced the young boy to the couple. “Ai’Park, is he a good detective?” Poppy was a bit skeptical and eyed the boy from head to toe. “Ai’Poppy, don’t judge him based on his looks. He may seem small, but he is very skilled and is the best detective here.” Park said. Poppy thought momentarily and said, “If you trust him then I don’t have any problem. There is something else I want you to know. I had asked Ai’Mark to help in this case too. This means that Nat here will be working with the best detective under Ai’Mark.” Park was shocked to hear that. “Ai’Poppy, why would you ask for help from me and Mark? You could have asked for help from either one of us. Why did you have to ask us both for help?” Park wasn’t supportive of this collaboration. “You know the reason Ai’Park. I want both of the best detectives to work together. Think of this case as a way of bridging the differences between the two stations. Nat, you will meet your partner at my house. See you soon.” Saying this, Poppy got up from the chair and left, wishing Nat luck before leaving. Min gave an apologetic look to Park and followed her husband. Nat sat down on the empty chair and looked at Park in disbelief. “Than, why do I have to work with him? You know I don’t get along with him.” Park patted his hand and said, “Nat, I know how you feel about him. I don’t get along with Mark either. I suggest you finish this mission as soon as possible so that you don’t have to look at his face again. Good luck with the case.” Nat sighed and went to the parking lot to get his motorcycle. On the way to Poppy’s house, he couldn’t help but think of why he hated Max, the best detective at another station.