Chapter Three

~1813~

He now lived in a shit apartment type deal, and has a low paying job at a wholefoods store. People surprisingly don't mind the hair, but they also rarely acknowledge his existence. He did make the full discovery that he can't seem to die. He overdosed on some kind of pills on one particularly hard night, felt himself die but then woke up perfectly fine. He doesn't know what to do with this information, so he just ignores it to the best of his ability. He hasnt gone back to see Clara yet, he doesn't know how or what he'd say. Or do. He's immortal. He hasnt noticed any physical aging in the past year. He did notice his hair grows fairly quickly, but that's it. He once went to a church to see if it was something he could cleanse. He's now no longer allowed in that church, now seen as the "Crazy man" to the Nuns. That was frustrating. He deals with the trauma from being and orphan and being in the military almost every week, he gets triggered very easily. Just being called kid reminds him of the old man who saved him, with the last words of "You're special, kid." What did that mean? Was that just a comfort, pep talk type thing? Or did he somehow know? He can't get that out of his head.

~1818~

He had been slowly moving up in the job area but not much, but he managed to get enough money and get enough of a good relationship with his boss, that he decided to stop being a coward and go and see Clara. He missed her, surprisingly.
Only issue is, he hasn't aged at all the past 5 years. He looks the same, so how he decided to make it look like he was somewhat different, was that he went to a barber.
Told him to make it a bit shorter, told him he was going to go see a nice lady.
The barber, having made friends with him at this point, didn't care about his hair color, and teased him for 'falling in love'. Frankly, the idea of that scares him.

He was now packing a small bag. He wasn't sure how long he's going to stay there, if it'll be at all. He took a deep breath, throwing the bag over his shoulder, and walking out his door, locking it behind him. He didn't have a car like she did, but can walk. Hell, he walked from her house to here all those years ago.
He sighed, and went out on the road, glancing around at the landmarks to make sure it was the right way. It was.

(WIP NOT FINISHED WRITING THIS YET)