Euthymia's Verdict

The next day...

"Thoma..? Thoma..! Where are you!?" Paimon's frantic calls echoes from within Komore Teahouse, with their guide now out of sight. Lumine's eyes began to shift constantly, a sign of showing her anxiousness regarding someone's well-being. Y/N, however, remained calm as he is. For there must be a reason as to why the Kamisato's house maid had disappeared without them knowing. He had considered the option of questioning the teahouse owner but decided to ditch it upon hearing the entrance door slide wide open. Ayaka stood there, out of breath and had a bit of panic laced in her expressions.

"Ayaka, just in time! Where is Thoma?? Paimon wanted him to compensate for that hot pot game!!!" The emergency food yelled out with a bit of playful anger in her voice, but her sentence just further makes the Kamisato Princess' eyebrows furrow.

"That... was why I came here in the first place. Thoma has been absent since this morning..." Ayaka took her time to recompose herself, and as she was doing so, Y/N's and her gaze met ever so coincidentally. The blue-haired princess immediately adverted her eyes somewhere else, feeling her cheeks heat up in the slightest. Y/N looked at her with a confused expression, followed by a tilt of his head. There was something wrong with his friend today, but he decided to go against his curiosity of wanting to find out, as Ayaka's expression morphed from exhausted to realization and terror faster than a lightning strike.

"Ayaka!?? What's wrong!??" Paimon's frantic calls didn't much shook any of them, as her sheer volume was what they were used to listening on a daily basis.

"Thoma must have been taken by the Tenryou Commission..."

"So, they found him... didn't you say he would be the 100th victim of the Vision Hunt Decree...? What would happen to him?" Lumine finally spoke up, showing concern towards Thoma's current predicament.

"A public restraining... the Shogun herself will confiscate Thoma's Vision... I have to go...!"

But before Ayaka could go, Y/N was the one who held her back, clutching her forearm tightly.

"What do you plan to do then, Miss Kamisato? You would go against the Shogun's army and said deity all by yourself?" He said sternly, all while staring deep into her pale blue eyes in order to make his point seem more concrete. Perhaps it was more effective than he thought, as the heiress remains silent for a long while after.

"Now... where will the ceremony take place?" Y/N questions her once more while holding her frail shoulders with an iron grip, as if in fear that she will shrink away from the conversation.

"Tenshukaku... It will happen any second-"

But before she could finish, Y/N's strict and administrative voice echoes out once more, directed at both Lumine and Paimon.

"Go. I'll catch up."

Though he was not directly locking eyes with them, he can feel that they gave him one last nod before heading off, rushing towards the Archon's statue in order to preserve a friend's life. As soon as the sliding door rams shut once more, Y/N lets out a defeated sigh while facing the Shirasagi Himegimi. He loves her, yes, but she has to know that she can't handle everything on her own.

"Ayaka... what were you thinking? You want to clash with the Musou no Hitotachi head on or something?"

"There is no other option... I plead you, Y/N... let me come with..."

Y/N looks away for a bit, feeling the atmosphere slowly growing more tense by the second.

"He is my friend...! I treasure him just as much as you...! Please..."