chapter 3

It's been a week since I crashed at Jude's place and we haven't been able to talk much since because I had a pile of schoolwork and modelling castings which kept me busy. I was also recently elected as the school government's Vice President, which made me even busier. Jude has been really busy as well, with an important match coming up and football training every day.

Because I was so busy, I wasn't able to go to any of Jude's football practices, and that did not change today.

"Are you able to come today?" Jude asked me at my locker after school was over.

"I'm sorry, I have a school government meeting today," I say apologetically. "I'll meet you outside the boy's locker room after practice though," I say, trying to make him cheer him up.

"Ok, I'll see you then." He says with a kind smile.

The student government meeting ended 5 minutes before the end of Jude's practice, which means I still had some time. The government meeting was pretty boring, it was just about the school dance which was coming up.

Jude and I would always skip school dances and have a movie night at either his house or mine. I can guarantee movie nights with him were better than any dance.

I made my way to the boy's locker room, and waited outside for Jude. I scroll through my phone to kill time.

"Hey, you're y/n, right?" Someone said, startling me.

I look up to see Trent Alexander-Arnold looking at me.

"Yeah, I am..." I say, suspicious of Trent.

"You're in my English class, aren't you?" He asked. What's with all the questions???

"Yup," I reply nodding.

"So, we're in the same class and I think you're pretty cool. And the school dance is coming up and I was just wondering if you wanted to go with me?" He asked.

"Oh. I- uh... I haven't decided if I wanted to go yet." I replied.

"It's fine, you don't have to answer me now, alright? Just text me when you made up your mind." He replied nicely while handing me a memo with his number on it. I hesitate for a moment before taking it.

Just then, Jude walks out of the locker room. He sees Trent and gets kind of... angry? His then smile turns into a deep frown.

"Shove off, Trent. Go and flirt with some other girl, won't you?" He angrily whispers to him, thinking I couldn't hear him.

"Chill out, we were just finishing up our conversation. She's all yours, mate." Trent responded coolly.

"What was that all about?" Jude asks me after Trent leaves.

"Nothing." I say quickly.

"Come on, tell me."

"He was just asking about the English homework." I lied badly. Jude squinted at me suspiciously for a second before letting the subject go.

We headed to his car and he dropped me back off at my house.

Once I got home, I headed straight to my room and got on my bed. I hopped on my phone and took out the piece of paper with Trent's number written on it. I can't believe he gave me his number, why on earth would he give ME, of all people, his number???

I hesitate about texting him before chickening out. It's only been 30 minutes since we talked, I didn't want to seem that desperate. Just as I was turning off my phone, I noticed a notification from Trent that I had completely ignored.

Trent

Hey, it's Trent :)

I'm sorry about earlier, I didn't mean to ask you so suddenly

My question still stands though so take your time

It's fine, really

Still thinking bout it tho

I'm going to your football practice  tmmr so why don't we talk more then?

Sounds like a plan ;)

I don't understand why Jude disliked Trent so much, he seemed like a really nice and genuine person, no matter what other people at school said about him. I mean the worst that could happen is he turns out to be a mean person, right...?