Soap

Ximena Parker was sitting in a dimly lit corner of the bar, nursing a drink and keeping an eye on the other patrons. She had just come off a grueling mission and was looking to unwind.

Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned to see a tall, rugged-looking man standing behind her. He had a scruffy beard and piercing blue eyes.

"Mind if I join you?" he asked, gesturing to the empty seat next to her.

Ximena hesitated for a moment, sizing him up. She could tell that he was ex-military, probably Special Forces. There was something about him that she found intriguing.

"Sure, why not?" she said, gesturing for him to sit down.

The man introduced himself as John, but everyone called him Soap. Ximena told him her name, and they struck up a conversation. They talked about their experiences in the military, and Ximena found herself opening up to him in a way that she hadn't with anyone else.

As the night wore on, the conversation turned to more personal topics. Soap told her about his life before the military, and Ximena shared some stories from her childhood.

At one point, Soap leaned in close to her and whispered in her ear, "You know, you're the most interesting person I've met in a long time."

Ximena felt a warmth spread through her chest. She had always been a bit of a loner, but there was something about Soap that made her feel seen.

They talked until the bar closed, and then walked outside together. Ximena was surprised to find that the sun was just beginning to rise.

They stood there for a moment, looking out over the quiet city streets. Soap turned to her and said, "You know, I've got a friend who's starting up a private security firm. I think you'd be perfect for the job."

Ximena raised an eyebrow. She had been looking for work since leaving the military, but she wasn't sure if she was ready for another high-pressure job.

Soap must have seen the doubt in her eyes, because he said, "Think about it. You've got skills that a lot of people would kill for. Why waste them?"

With that, he leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. Ximena felt a jolt of electricity shoot through her body. She knew that she had just met someone who would change her life in ways she couldn't yet imagine.

As she walked away from the bar, Ximena couldn't help but feel grateful for the chance encounter that had brought her and Soap together. She didn't know what the future held, but she knew that she was ready for whatever came next.