Bloody Petals

A/N: Please excuse my description skills. I can't describe things well. It's my first time writing. Anyways on to the story.

You laid down on your cold hard bed lost in your thoughts after coming back from an exhausting mission with Hunter.

Throughout the whole day you have been feeling off. You couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. It was probably nothing.

That was until you felt a sharp pain in your chest, causing you to shoot up from your bed as you started coughing. Covering your mouth with one hand, you quickly ran to your bathroom sink as you felt something rising up from your throat. Gripping the edge of your sink as you tried desperately to cough up whatever was lodged in your throat.

Soon enough, you saw a handful of bright yellow petals stained in blood drifting down to the bottom of the sink.

Ah shit

You take it back. This was definitely something.

You know what this meant and who was the cause of this. You had hanahaki. The only way to cure it was to confess your love and have those feelings returned, or to have the flowers surgically removed and lose all your memories of the one you love.

Sure you’ve liked him for a long time now but you didn’t think your feelings for him would grow this bad to the point of getting a deadly disease.

The getting surgery was not possible for you.You would rather die than forget about him. You couldn't bear the thought of losing all the memories you've made together.

You picked up the petals and discarded them in your dustbin before rinsing your mouth to get rid of any remnants of the coppery taste in your mouth.

It’s not like you could confess your love either. Not when the person you are in love with is Hunter aka the golden guard and your best friend. Besides, he has other things to worry about. I bet he doesn’t even feel the same way. You thought as you headed back to bed.

It’s fine I just can’t let him find out.How hard can it be? Maybe I can make these feelings go away. Right?

Soon your eyelids became too heavy to keep open as you drifted to a dreamless sleep.

The next day, you and Hunter were out on the field sparring with each other. The both of you were currently exchanging blows. You were practicing your abomination magic while Hunter was getting the hang of using Flapjack. When you suddenly feel the petals start to come up your throat again.

Fuck, why now.

You quickly put as much distance as you can between him and yourself. Turning your back to him before breaking down into a coughing fit. Placing a hand to your mouth to catch the bloody petals escaping your lips before lighting them on fire and throwing it's ashes away discreetly.

“Hey, (Y/N) you alright?” Hunter asked. Concerned for his best friend.

“Yeeep, it's probably just a bad cough. Don’t worry it’ll go away on its own. Let's just continue training. Can’t have the golden guard slacking off now can we?” You turned around facing him as you got back into your starting position.

Hunter clearly did not buy your answer but decided not to press you for the truth. Copying your actions before charging towards you. You'll tell him if it was anything serious. Right?

As the days went by, you found it harder and harder to hide your hanahaki from Hunter. Every time you guys hang out you could feel the petals threatening to escape your throat. Constantly having to excuse yourself made Hunter grow worried for you.