Prologue

Taylor Avory

Jeremiah Hunt. Crystal green eyes, fluffed dirty blond hair that falls into waves, and his skin bronzed all the time: even more so in the summer. He may have been quite reckless, but there was something about that untamable charisma I could swear was a gift that could barely match his own self. No one could ever guess such an obnoxious, reckless, young man could possess. But it's true. He does possess it. In a way that no one has ever possessed it.

I had only met him and I was immediately charmed by his lovely demeanor of a bright shining smile. How could such a reckless young man charm me so easily with just a simple glare of his white teeth in my direction?

But I guess at some point all girls have to see through that thick bolder of charisma and take a step into reality. Even if they have to lose someone like Jeremiah Hunt.

________________

Jeremiah Hunt

Wow. Taylor Avory. Those emerald, deep green eyes that I could stare into for hours. How could I be so stupid? Of course I could have freaking handled the situation better than screaming. Gosh, the look on her face. It's locked in my mind forever. Like a see through locked case without a key. It broke me to see the blood-shot in her innocent eyes. I remember swearing to myself to never cause tears in her eyes and to be there to wipe the tears any psychopath would give her.

Now, I've wasted the one girl I ever saw myself marrying and I'm practically banned from seeing those smiling eyes. Even after being sure I was never going to marry.

If there was a contest of most stupid men in the world, I would win.