【CHAPTER 1】THE CAUSE

A/N:

First of all I want to clarify: I don't condone this kind of behavior in real life. However since this is fiction, I'll go ham. You should not take anything seriously in this book. For entertainment purposes only, yk? So just laugh along if something's dumb or doesn't make sense, k?

________________________________

(Reader is female)

It was an early Sunday morning. You were sitting in your cousin's kitchen. The Japanese styled - everything - looked so fancy.

Last night you had arrived there. You would be spending your whole summer there. After that, you would go back to your home country. Possibly look for a job.. "Hey, (Y/n)?" you heard your cousin call out. You answered him, letting him know you had heard him. You listended as his footsteps came closer and saw him come in your view.

"It's kinda hot, don't you think? We should go get ice cream," he suggested, playing with his keys. "Ah, yeah. I should get to know places," you shrugged and stood up. The thought of ice cream made you wonder. For some reason, your legs felt like noodles. It was hard take another step. You raised an eyebrow at that but decided it was for the best to go outside.

Jesse, your cousin, had a Quirk. You were Quirkless. Jesse could create blue sugar crystals. Though, making them made him dizzy. It was a pretty weak Quirk, which is why he never aspired to be a hero.

Now, you were outside. It was hot. A part of your brain was telling you to go back. "There's an ice cream van a few blocks south. It's like, permadently there," Jesse explained. You nodded and moved along with him.

-

The ice cream van was grey with an ad on the side, showing what ice cream flavors you could buy. You, obviously, decided to go with your favorite flavor :)

You didn't have time to order because somebody bumped into you. You stumbled as the person ran away. You lost your balance and hit your head. You groaned and put your hand over the back of your head. 'That hurt..' you thought and glanced at Jesse. His eyes were wide.

"Whoa, are you okay?" he quickly ran to your side. "Yeah, yeah... Could you get me some ice?" you questioned as the back of your head felt hot."Oh, of course! I'll be back!" Jesse disappeared somewhere.

You got your balance back and sat down on a bench next to the ice cream van.

"Is everything alright, Miss?"

You turned to the person speaking. All you could see for a moment were red blurry wings. And then a man. You blinked a few times. "I just hit my head, um, I think I'll be fine, thank you," you gave him an awkward smile.

Of course, you wouldn't have if you knew who he was. "You sure?" the man sat down next to you. You nodded and tried to gain back your vision.

"W-well I wish I had ice..." you mumbled. The man got up and left. You frowned. Did you say something wrong? Perhaps, he just believed you were okay. For whatever reason, however... You felt relief wash over you.
.
.
.

"Here,"

You looked up and saw an ice pack. "Thank you!" you took it and put it against the back of your head. It immediately felt better. Now, you looked at the man. (who was now sitting next to you again)

'Isn't that..?'

"Hawks??" your eyes widened. You blushed out of embarrassment. If you had known, you wouldn't have-

"Yes?" he smiled. "Oh, I'm sorry... I couldn't see it was you!" you rambled and put your other hand on your face. "Hehe, it's fine," he shook his head. You just awkwardly laughed.

"So, what's your name?"

"(Y/n)" your gaze dropped to the ground.

He offered you a smile. Then there was a comfortable silence between the two of you.

WORD COUNT:
597[: SHORT CHAPTER]