Dynasty

Warnings: cheating, child stealing, infidelity, blood mention.

_________________________

She tried not to clench her fist too hard, for fear of hurting Camilo, but she couldn't stop the fear, anxiety, and anger from swirling inside her as more and more people came to Casita.

It was a special night, one filled with mixed emotions, fake smiles, and a party she didn't feel ready for, nor did she think she ever would. A new gift ceremony, a new birthday... a new wound that would never heal in her heart. She didn't even realize how the day had come so soon. It seemed impossible that five years had already passed, especially when she still felt locked up, when she had never left that room, at least not mentally.

"Are you okay, tía?"

Julieta jumped a little when she felt Dolores's hand on her shoulder. Her niece was the only one of the Madrigal grandchildren who knew... everything about that night and the months before it. It would have been impossible to hide it from her, considering that she can hear even the slightest change.

"I'm fine, Lola" she answered without turning around "Is Mirabel okay?"

Her mind took a moment away from the sadness that was beginning to consume her, to focus on her youngest daughter. She knew that the girl adored Antonio, but that didn't mean that seeing him at his ceremony, having an opportunity that had been taken from her, would be an easy thing for the girl.

"She's okay...at least as much as she can be" Dolores replied "...it's Antonio who is terrified"

The healer felt her blood run cold. She had foreseen that Mirabel would feel bad about Toñito's ceremony, she had imagined that Dolores would see her with pain and pity, and she knew that she herself would end up with a broken heart and a soaked face. But she hadn't thought that Antonio was going to feel scared on a night that was supposed to be entirely for him.

She supposed that in a way it made sense, absolutely all the Madrigal grandchildren, especially those of her blood, were terrified, either in one way or another. Isabela couldn't see herself in any mirror without feeling a wave of anxiety, she was terrified that her reflection would show a woman that wasn't perfect.

Luisa lived in a constant internal struggle, punishing herself for every ounce that she could not lift, even if it was far beyond her capacity, the idea of appearing weak consumed her soul. Mirabel... her poor girl, so mature, kind, happy, and beautiful, who filled the hearts of all who knew her with deep joy, her precious butterfly, was afraid to look at the faces of her family and see in them the rejection, the hate, and disappointment.

All three of her girls were tainted, filled with a fear she herself had experienced, a terrible sentence they had to face because of a weak, pathetic, cowardly mother.

Julieta was not stupid, she knew that all the pain and fear that lived in her daughters was nothing more than a reflection of everything she had done, what she had kept quiet about, and what she had not fought for. She shouldn't have been surprised that Antonio was tainted by that curse as well.

Because the Madrigals, despite the false and plastic mask that their mother wanted to put on them, had a secret, a tragic, terrible one with the capacity to break not only the miracle but everything that the youngest members of the family ever knew.

Perhaps that was why neither she nor Félix had dared to break the silence, not even after Antonio's birth, despite the fact that it was precisely that moment when they should have ended all the lies in which they were submerged. None of them had the courage to break their children's entire lives, no matter if they themselves died every day.