Chapter 1

I don't want to go

Muffled calls of "mom" echoed through the home as a girl called for her mother while rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"noona~" her little brother came in running and she opened her arms for him. "Hoon, where is mom?" she asked the ten-year-old Sunghoon, her brother.

"sir Kim called for them." He answered.

"sir Kim, as in the village head?" she asked.

"I think so." He replied without much surety.

"it's okay. Did mom make something before leaving?"

"she did. Noona, get fresh and I will bring the plate for you."

"thank you, little star. Be careful to not get hurt." She said as she heard him run out of the room.

"you are the one to say." He said in a mocking voice making his sister's jaw hand in surprise. The disrespect.

.

.

It was the noon, maybe later than that when her parents returned. her dad went to his room silently while her mother came to hold her the closest she could.

"my love," her mother's voice was broken but she knew to let her continue so y/n just held her mother tightly "you know mama loves you, right?" she asked.

She nodded in her mother's chest, hugging her tighter.

"y-you need to leave soon." Her mother somehow said.

"are we moving houses mama?" she backed from the hug and asked.

"n-no honey. The lord chose you as his bride for this time. You need to go to him."

"me?"she pointed to herself.

"yes honey, you. When you leave tomorrow, the messengers will bring you to the lord of mountain. If he is satisfied with your service, he will bless our family and the entire village." Her mother slowly caressed her hair as the said girl laid in her lap.

"so tomorrow wake up quickly. we will need to leave early for the first ceremony. I'll have your clothes prepared and your friends will help you dress up."

"Mumma, will he hurt me?"

"no honey. the lord cherishes the bride offered to him. it makes him happy and then he blesses the people of our village. why would he hurt you?"

"but unnie was sent to him and never came back."

"now, now, that's a fact. the brides cannot come back. they have to stay there and serve the mighty lord so that he is always happy. understand?"

"I will also work hard and please the lord so that he blesses our town with prosperity."

.

.

She looked blindly for her father and finally knocked thrice on the door of his book room.

"yes sweety?" he tried to keep his voice calm and held her hand that was stretched by his visually-impaired daughter. He slowly pulled her and made her sit by his side.

"we didn't talk today." she pouted cutely and leaned in his hug.

"I'm sorry my dear, I was just.... Caught up.... in my emotions."

"are you worried about the ceremony?" she asked, looking for his hand. He held her hand and kissed its back, placing their hands on his chest.

"I'm so sorry my child. I couldn't deny." His tears were dropping down but he tried to make sure that his voice was steady.

"it's okay dada. Mom told me that I will be taken care of there."

"I hope so daughter. I hope so."

You sniffed and wiped your tears "alright! Enough of melodrama read me the remaining story from last night. I remember that we completed more than half."

"okay." He took you to bed and tucked you in. taking a seat by the side of the bed, he opened the book and read to you.

.

.

They were mystical warriors; granted their own realm, their abode where they lived with their mate. The warriors were time and again sent to other realms to rescue humanity. With time passing, they grew arrogant of their powers and were eventually cursed by their enraged, ignored soulmate to suffer the pain of separation and rejection just like she had. They pleaded her, begged her and when her resolve finally broke after they pleaded that 'even if they seemed to forget her, they could never forget her love', she tried to evoke the curse but failed for she stated that 'no power in the would be strong enough to free them from this curse of a broken heart from a broken heart.' Her heart, was yet to be recovered from the shattered state.

Overtime, visiting sages and begging heavens proved fruitful as an angel descended from the heaven with a solution. y/n's broken heart healed bit-by-bit in the long process.

"if you truly, sincerely desire for something from your heart, then the whole universe will conspire to see that you get it."

But with the solution came few conditions, a price to pay.

The warriors had lost their love in arrogance of power hence, they shall forget their powers until they were all united by true love.

Their soulmate who was blinded by rage and used her voice without a thought to make such a curse, shall remain blind or mute or both until her mates, her warriors find her and free her of the bounds.

Lastly, the angel professed her envy and longing for a love like these mates who stood by each other even after such a fallout. She wished to be loved by them, as one of them, in exchange of her angelic powers, for greed was forbidden to an angel.

Just as the conditions were agreed upon, the sky turned dark and a lightning struck the angel and her wings painfully turned to ashes, leaving her crumbling on the floor, suffering through the loss of her powers.

Another bolt of lightning stuck and blinded the lady in red as she doubled over in pain. Her mates wanted to help her but were frozen in place when pain shot through their bodies sucking out their powers that seemed to be collected in the air.

"the day when 9 of you unite to accept each other completely and forego of your humanly shortcomings of fear, greed, rage, envy, pride, lust and learn to truly love, you will regain your powers and would be free to come back to your abode. Until then, you shall stay stuck in the cycle of life and death, looking for each other and your true-selves, forgetting any memory you hold prior birth and rebirth." The voice rang in their heads and the suddenly the pain vanished and they all looked at each other with longing as a mystic force pulled them in 9 different directions.

.

.

"wow! Did they find each other dada? I hope they got a happy ending." y/n signed to her father in rapid movements, dreamily.

"it doesn't say that here. The book ends with them taking birth at different households, so close yet so far." Her father replies and waits for her response.

"whoa! Is this the thing called eternal love?"

"love......? It is just... love, my dear. It is the people involved that make it eternal.......... Now sleep. I'll try to find if there is another book that continues the story. Okay? We'll read that tom-" he stopped with a sigh and kissed her forehead to whisper a goodnight and helped her to her room in silent tears. None of the 4 people in house realised that they were not the only one crying in pain of separation that was yet to come as sleep gradually took over their watery eyes.

"it's not an ending if it's not happy. If you have not got your happy ending, it means, the picture is yet to continue."

This is just the hopeless King Khan (SRK) fan here. Don't mind the dialogues popping up out of nowhere.