Ch 9 Same

Elsie

I woke up at 4:34 or probably should say, I got the urge to finally leave my bed after a whole night of crying.

Yeah, It's sad.

What should I say about me now? I am ruined.

I walked to the bathroom door, ignoring Anna lying there. She came home about half an hour ago 'drunk'.

My Mom was devastated. One after other her daughters are standing at her doorsteps at midnight in unexplainable conditions. I feel guilty somehow it's my fault too.
'I am sorry Mom'.

I think our fight made her mad or she just had a big blast for the last prom. Anyway, I don't care.

I went inside the bathroom and saw my reflection in the mirror.
For a second I didn't recognise myself. I couldn't believe this was the same girl who hours ago, received a bunch of compliments about her looks.

My hair was a complete mess. My mascara was all spread highlighting my dark circles even darker. And my eyes were sad, only sad.

How did I get here?
What did I do to myself?

•~~~~~•

"Fuck, Why isn't it, opening?" I cursed while digging my silver-painted nails into the lid of my favourite chocolate ice cream.

Ice cream is my cure for literally anything. I know it is not gonna work in this case but at least it will give me some redemption. I need the freezing chocolate in my mouth.

With a thud and the lid flying over the kitchen counter.
It opened :)

I walked my way to the soft velvet couch and switched on the t.v while stuffing a spoon full of ice cream in my mouth.

It's 2 o'clock in the noon. Mom and Anna left for their shift. I excused myself of having fever. Well, it wasn't a complete lie. I did get a good fever after soaking in rain for hours. But mostly because I can't face the place after last night. I cannot bear to stand in Fishy's again. At least not for now.

And yeah I am eating Ice-Cream in a fever. Sorry but can't help it.

I took the remote and opened the best show of all time 'The Vampire Diaries'.
I smiled a little as I tapped the button.

I still remember, How Clara and I used to watch TVD at night outs and even gossiped about it in the next class. We never got bored of it, watched it at least six times.

She was my only friend. Remembering her, tears started bubbling in my eyes.
This wound is deeper than anything.

No, Elsie. You are not gonna cry. I have cried enough.
She will always be my best friend even if she is too far from me now.

So, I gather my attention on the show. I and Clara always used to wonder if we got a chance to date 'The Salvatore brothers' who we will choose.
Clara was always crazy for Damon.
At first, Damon was my favourite too, well he still is but later on, I did choose Stefan.

I don't know but he always supported and took care of Elena. He was there for her in her worst times. He was perfect for her. I always wanted someone perfect like Stefan.