New Friends and Super Suits

I called my step-father, Paul, to let him know that I was spending the night at a friend's house. The good thing about step-parents is, for the most part, they're pretty chill. Tell them you're with a friend, and unlike a normal parent (my mother is the exception to this), they won't go crazy and ask for a background check on the whole family.

Louise helped get me situated in the girls' room and changed the bandage on my neck. Once I had gotten changed, I climbed in my new bed, and turned off the lights. Louise left the room to work with Logan, and I think a couple other Supers that had arrived.

When I woke up in the morning, I found a pile of my clothes folded neatly on the little locker next to my bed, which meant that someone had broken into my house last night to get me fresh clothes that actually fit. While the lack of security in my house was slightly alarming, I was still thankful for the t-shirt and jeans.

After checking my bandage and changing into the clothes, I ventured out into the main room. There, Logan and Louise were sitting with two other Supers, a girl and a guy. The girl wore a pretty blue dress that accented her wavy blonde hair well. The guy was tall, and wore dark skinny jeans and a dark shirt.

"Amber Coradetti, how nice of you to join us," Logan said good-naturedly.

"What time is it?" I asked, forgetting about the others momentarily.

Looking down at her wristwatch, the new Super said. "Nine thirty-two."

"Thanks. I'm Amber, by the way."

She smiled. "Nora. I'm Louise's girlfriend."

"Cool. Who's the other Super?"

He laughed. "I'm Mark. I'm no one's girlfriend."We all chuckled at that. Logan spoke up once we'd quieted down. "Amber, we called your school and said that you were sick and that you would be for a few days. Also, Frost has sent us a couple designs for some Supersuits for you. Pick one out and we'll get it made."

I was impressed. "You guys sure work fast."

Logan grinned. "Supers have to respond to situations quickly. If not, the world would be destroyed already."

"Cool," Just then, my stomach growled embarrassingly. I turned pink, but everyone just laughed and Louise stood up.

"Come on, let's get you something to eat."

After finishing toast with a honey-butter spread, I looked at the designs that Frost sent me while the other Supers gave their input.

"Definitely something with pants or leggings," Mark said. "You don't want to accidentally flash anyone."

"True," Nora nodded. "And also something long sleeved, kind of like Elsa from Frozen."

"But no capes." Logan added. "Edna from The Incredibles was right. They can get caught in stuff and will only result in your death or injury."

"And it needs to have a headband." I said. "I love headbands, but not the elastic ones. Has to be plastic, and covered in fabric."

"Well you're a picky one." Logan commented.

I shrugged. "No, I just like my headbands a certain way."

We finally chose an ice blue tunic with black leggings, black sleeves with the little thumb holes, ice blue boots and a blue headband. A blue and black mask finished the outfit. It looked really cool.

Louise sent the design back to Frost, and I went down to a training room to learn physical combat with Nora and Mark.

A/N: Hey guys! It's been a while since my last update, so sorry about that! Now you have a good idea as to what Amber will look like when she heads into combat. Also, honey-butter toast is amazing. What do you guys think so far? And if anyone saw my contest for Not As It Would Seam, go check that out and enter. I've already gotten some really good chapter endings!

Vote, comment, and share!

~Anja