2

Two more weeks had gone by, and nothing was better. Y/n and Shane were further apart, the arguments seemer worst. At this point, Shane had been disappeared off to god knows where. Everytime Y/n asked, he'd just brush it off. She did anything she could to distract herself from her husband's strange behavior, married for years and he had never acted like this.

Y/n found herself spending a lot of time with Dale, who reminded her a lot of her father. It was comfort to be around the older man.

Currently Y/n was sitting on a rock just in the woods, a few feet away from camp. She was casually sharpening a stick for a spear, her pocket knife gripped tightly in her hand. She was bored out of her mind, and frustrated beyond belief. Y/n had gone around the woods, searching for any sticks that would be good for spears.

The whole reason she was doing this, and was she was so frustrated was because of her husband. Shane and her had just finished fighting, which ended in him storming off into the woods. Y/n wished the fighting would end, it hurt her knowing how far they've drifted. It broke her heart.

"Shouldn't be out here alone sweetheart." A voice spoke.

Y/n looked up to see the older Dixon brother, Merle. He was an older man, somewhere in his early or mid fifties, with graying hair and facial hair. Y/n hardly spoke with him, she mostly saw him around camp. She tried her hardest to avoid him like he was the plague, but the man was persistent.

"I can handle myself." Y/n says looking back down at her spear, continuing to carve it into a point.

Merle chuckles "Oh really?" He asks "Didn't my brother save your ass a while back? From one of thoes....things?"

"Mmhm." Y/n hums un-intrested in what he had to say.

"Doesn't seem like you can handle yourself then."

Y/n looks up at the older man with a glare "What the hell do you want, Dixon?" She snaps in annoyance.

Merle holds his hand up with a grin "Nothin' sugar. Just wanna talk." He says "Can't I talk with a pretty lady?"

"Go find something else to entertain you, I'm not in the mood." Y/n grumbles, looking back down at her spear once again.

"Your married to the cop, ain't ya'?" Merle asks leaning against a nearby tree.

Y/n doesn't answer, she rolls her eyes and sets the sharpened stick down before grabbing another stick "Why does it matter?"

Merle hums while shrugging "Just curious. Been hearin' you two fighting a lot." He says "Is your little paradise fallin' apart?"

"Seriously Merle, fuck off." Y/n says looking up at glaring at him.

"Come on sweetheart. I'm not all that bad."

Y/n scoffs looking down at her stick, deciding it was beat to ignore him. Hoping he'd just leave, but he didn't.

"What you're gonna ignore me now?" Merle asks getting no response, "Awe come on don't be like that."

"Merle!" A gruff voice snaps.

Y/n looks up to see Daryl walking over, crossbow slung over his shoulder "Leave the woman alone damnit." He says coldly.