{17. Kiss In The Rain}

Her body was limp in his arms as she had de-transformed in front of him after the defeat of their latest akumatised victim and rain started to fall down, each droplet landing on their bodies but he couldn't care less. Adrien had also de-transformed as he held Marinette in his arms and he called out her name numerous times to get her to wake up.

"Mari! Mari! Wake up please! Don't die and leave me all alone. I don't want to lose you! Please Marinette! Your parents, your friends and I need you so don't you dare leave us! Wake up Marinette! I'm begging you to get up!" Adrien begged as Marinette stirred and slowly her eyes started to open before she looked at Adrien who had been crying. She blinked a few times as she smiled softly at him and she lifts her hand to caress his cheek.

"Adrien? Is that you? You're Chat Noir?" Marinette asked as she was going to say something else but was interrupted by a kiss on her lips and she realised that Adrien was kissing her. She was stunned by his sudden action as he pulled away from the kiss and he hugged her, keeping her close to him.

"Yes M'lady. I'm Chat Noir and your partner all this time. I can't believe that you're Ladybug and I'm glad that it was you. I may have been foolish towards you or plain stupid but I've always loved you but I was so dumb because I thought that Ladybug liked someone else which ended up being me so I guess we've been scared about our feelings for one another though I was the one who pushed you away," Adrien rambled as Marinette put her finger on his lips to hush him and he stopped talking before she moved her finger away.

"I'm glad that you're Chat Noir and my partner whose been by my side ever since we first became heroes but I was the one who kept pushing you away because I loved Adrien but I didn't know that you were Chat Noir so that means we've loved each other without even knowing our identities," Marinette told Adrien as they both laughed at themselves for being so oblivious but in all honesty they didn't know each other's identities until now and they both forgave each other.

Adrien helped Marinette to stand up but she leaned against him since she had hurt her ankle as he decided to pick her up bridal style and he headed to the bakery which wasn't too far from where they were. He made it at the bakery as he kissed Marinette's lips lightly before he carried her inside and he placed her down on a chair.

"I love you so much Adrien and I hope that maybe we can date if you want to," Marinette said to him as he nodded and they both shared a kiss before Adrien left the bakery to head home. Marinette waved goodbye to Adrien as she touched her lips and smiled to herself because she was glad that Adrien agreed to date her.

Word count: 525