𝔦𝔦𝔦. Our thing

IF LOOKS COULD KILL
iii. Our thing

scream v,chapter three

scream v,
chapter three

❝ scary movies were
     always our thing. ❞

  ❞

          Everyone had mostly broken apart from the twin's home. Amber was seconds from leaving but before she did, she checked up on Starr. "I could see by the look on your face, that you're not taking this very well." Amber surveyed the situation. "You know if there's something else going on, you can tell me, right?"

Starr takes a deep breath, her eyes staying connected with Amber before moving to the space behind her. The little girl was standing there, a look of fear present in her eyes, "Amber's nice. We're friends." She giggled.

"Starr?" Amber repeats.

"You remember that little girl I told you I started to see when I was just a child?" Starr swallows the nerves.

Amber's eyes softened, "yeah? Are you seeing her again?"

Starr felt tears well up in her eyes, "Yeah...My father is worried that Arlo is a schizophrenic like my mother, that's why he's trying to send him to a mental hospital...but it's me, I think I'm the crazy child, not Arlo."

"Hey," Amber wipes her tears, "you're not your mother and your fathers probably scared to death, he doesn't want to see his children end up like his wife."

"I'm seeing people who aren't there, Amber, this isn't normal." Starr lowered her voice.

"You said that this little girl was something that appeared after your mother passed, maybe it's just a coping mechanism for when you feel stressed. Maybe she appears only in those moments." Amber pulls on random strings.