Chapter 4: "The City of Atlantis"

From behind the excavator 5 different individuals wearing Kabuki Masks that glowed with an enhancing electric blue color, pointing their lances right to the expedition group.

"Holy cats! Who are these guys?" Rourke was the first to respond, his surprise was present on his tone and his face, reaching first thing for his gun. And almost immediately Griffin and Helga reached for their weapons, the three of them were the most aclimitated to violence, so it was normal for them to show no hesitation.

"They gotta be Atlanteans..." Milo was the only one to actually appreciate the situation, not falling to the fact that they are in front of unknown individuals with possible hostile intentions.

"Try to think about the situation at hand, Milo..." Griffin whispered to his brother as his vision was still glued to the possible enemy in front of him. For someone like Griffin, everyone is an enemy until proven otherwise.

"What? That's impossible!" Helga turned to look at the brothers, it was not possible for the Atlanteans to still be alive, not after all these years and not in circumstances like this one.

"I saw this back in Dakota. They can smell fear just by looking at ya. So keep quiet." Cookie was having his own existential crisis with this moment.

The leader of the Atlanteans, who appeared to be the voice of a woman, started to speak. The language was something that none of the group could actually understand. But she didn't sound as if she was inviting them for a tea party.

"I think it's talking to you." Mole got a hold of Milo's arm. It was Milo's moment to shine, all those years being a linguist, studying the Journal more than anyone, he was the only one to possibly understand.

"Milo... Be careful..." Once Milo took a few steps forward. Griffin tried to reach for his brother, but he was out of reach. His Brother didn't believe that Milo still didn't grasp the danger of the situation.

Milo started to speak in their same language, although with some clear difficulties. Difficulties that seemed to fade as he got the hang of it. Surprised by the fact that one of these intruders actually understood their language, the woman took off her Kabuki Mask, showing that it was the same woman that had healed Milo's wounds a few moments ago. As they started to have a conversation in her native tongue.

"Ita, sum amice viator." Milo seemed a lot more confident as he continued to speak.

"Dices linguam romae." The Atlantean spook still intrigued by this outsider.

"Parlez-vous francais?" Milo asked, just to know if they have some common ground with more modern languages.

"Oui monsieur!" The Atlantean responded.

"They speak my language! Pardon, mademoiselle?" Mole lost his fright for these people. And tried to call the attention of the woman. She knelt to his height, as he started to whisper something in her ear.

Although it went south in a few seconds,whatever Mole told her really made her upset. So upset that the next thing that Mole received was a punch right on the face.

"Ohh, I like her." Sweet started to applaud.

"Hmm! 'bout time someone hit him. I'm sorry it wasn't me." Audrey wanted to hit him for so long, and said someone stole her thunder.

"Buenos Días..."

"Guten Tag!"

All the other Atlanteans assuming that these outsiders were no threat, removed their mask, speaking many salutes in different languages. Showing that they dominated a variety of tongues. Once you got into their good side, language was not going to be a big barrier for communication.