𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊

"Hyerin, are you listening to me?"

I blink twice when I felt that someone was waving a hand in front of my eyes to reach my attention. I frown for a second while I was trying to focus on what was in front of me. Park Jimin, or as I always liked to call him: lil' mochi. Jimin was waving his hand in front of me, he was the one that called me. He looked annoyed. We both were in his car, he was driving, and of course, I was in the passenger seat, on our way to my school.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked. I put my glasses on the top of my nose again.

My older brother sighed, making his bangs wave a little bit, "I asked you, when are you gonna be out of school tonight? I'm afraid I'm going to be late. Have some work to do, and noona will be at the restaurant".

"I can go to the restaurant by myself" I murmured with a tired voice, Jimin looked at me as if I was driving crazy. I rolled my eyes, "Then I will wait for you at the school's library until you're done".

It was obvious that he liked that answer better, I noticed it thanks to his big, bright smile. I rolled my eyes one more time. I hate that. I was nineteen, just about to be legal. I think I'm sure older to take care of myself. Besides that, I was the best cadet in the pack.

But not to my sibling's eyes. They think I wasn't enough.

After my parent's death on my fourth birthday, the Kim family adopted us. They used to be my parent's best friends, that's why it was an easy choice to make. The Kim, just like my parents, are a group of hunters. A group of people with exceptional aptitudes takes care of innocent people that have been manipulated or hurt by bad people. People like Crows.

Crows are the worst of the worst. People who think that are better than others just for having some demoniac blood. Something that the Moon sinners don't have.

Because of them, there's no such thing as equality of power. They take the control of the most important things. As if they are the owners of the place.

Ugh, I hate them so damn much.

Even though we all can be in the same space as them, the hierarchical differences are brutally noticeable. Crows, Moons, and Nephs live in something called: harmony all over the capitol. Seoul was the home of most of them. And, the outsiders, things were kind of different. On the outsiders, each territory had its own subgroup. Despite the overpopulation of Crows, very reluctantly, they let us be around them.

But we cannot do shit.

We never will be able to have a better job than a Crow. Having a place in the honor frame at school. Or just be number one. We had to understand the fact that they are superior to us, just for having more abilities that we do not have. In similitudes, they are like wizards, and we are like humans, but strangers, fastest and heal easily. We are part of nature. Purer. We're just like hippie shamans.

And even so, I strongly think that we are superior to them. Because their reason to be strong is caused by their urge to feed themselves with the fear of others. Our reason is nature, the pure, the good.

The biggest weakness of a Crow is not feeling the other's fear, after all, they are almost demons, and we don't.

And nobody believes in my theory.

I was walking down the hall when I heard somebody crying.

"P-please, I'll gi-give you everything... Just don- don't hurt me."

I frowned when I saw two crows bothering a Moon. That was every day in the life of someone that is not a Crow. They are the bullies and their favorite thing to do was eat the fear of others.