CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

I scanned the quidditch ground, looking for the snitch as other players tried scoring points. My hands grip my Firebolt as a bludger comes toward my face, and I move out of its way, almost losing my balance due to the jerk.

As I scanned the Quidditch field with laser-like focus, my heart raced with anticipation. Suddenly, there it was – the elusive golden snitch. Without hesitation, I darted towards it at lightning speed, determined to be the first to catch it. But I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was right behind me, and I knew in my gut that it was Black.

I maneuvered my broom up and down, weaving in and out of the other players' paths, never once taking my eyes off the prize. Black was hot on my heels, and I could sense him inching closer with each passing second. It was a thrilling game of cat and mouse, and I relished every second of it.

As we neared the snitch, I knew I had to give it my all to come out on top. But as fate would have it, the snitch ended up positioned between Black and me, forcing us both to make a split-second decision.

My heart pounding in my chest, I made the split-second decision to keep going, knowing that Black was doing the same. Our eyes locked for a moment, and I could see the same concern in his eyes that I was feeling. But neither of us was willing to give up a chance to catch the snitch and secure victory for our team.

With a burst of adrenaline-fueled energy, I increased my speed, determined to be the one to catch the snitch. Black's eyes widened as I closed in on it, my hand extended, ready to grasp the golden ball.

But just as my hand was about to envelop the snitch, I felt Black's hand touch mine. He somehow managed to stop his broom in a split second, but I couldn't do the same. I crashed into him, losing my balance and hurtling toward the ground.

The gasps of the crowd echoed in my ears as I fell from my broom, still tightly clutching the snitch. My heart was pounding in my chest, and for a moment, I thought I was going to hit the ground. But just as I was about to make contact with the earth, someone caught me, and I held on to him for dear life.

I buried my face into his chest, taking a deep breath of relief. The smell was familiar and I instantly knew who it was, he held me with one hand while he used the other one to grip the broom. 

With a racing heart and a rush of adrenaline, I lifted my hand in triumph, signaling to the empty stadium that I had caught the snitch. I turned around to see if I was alone, but instead, my eyes met with a familiar face. It was Regulus Black, standing right beside me.

His usually calm and collected demeanor was replaced by a sense of vulnerability that I had never seen before. My stomach churned with nervousness, and my heart raced a million miles a minute.

My stomach was doing flips, and my heart was racing a million miles a minute. He stepped towards me, and I instinctively mimicked his movements, unsure what would happen.

I felt his warmth as he took my hand and pulled me closer to him, letting my hand rest on his shoulder while my other hand found its way to his chest. The pull was so strong that I almost lost my balance, but his hand was there to steady me. His other hand gently rested on my waist and cheek, and everything else faded away at that moment.

Our lips met in a passionate kiss, and it felt like time had stopped. It was just us, lost in each other's embrace, in our own world. His lips on mine were electric, and I felt a warmth spreading throughout my entire body. It was a feeling I had never experienced before, and it was all-consuming.

But just as quickly as it began, it ended. I woke up in a sweat, gasping for air, my heart still racing from the intensity of the dream. I looked around and was in my bedroom at home, but something was sitting on my window.