B. Parker

<>

<>

"I don't get it," says Peter, folding his arms. He glances over at his friends, who are sitting around a very nice, clean, and stylish living room. He leans back into the brown leather arm chair, where he and Torin are squished together comfortably.

"What do you mean, you don't get it!" gasps Torin, making a face at him. "This is one of the best shows of all time."

"Sure, but there's no way the two of them wouldn't have been caught by the police by now," Peter points out. He fixes the glasses resting on his nose.

"It's a TV show, Petey," she moans, rolling her eyes at his objectiveness. She elbows him gently in the side, and he squirms.

"I like it," says Ned Leeds, propping himself up on his elbows from his spot on the plush white carpet. He smiles at everyone. His brown hair is brushed away from his dark eyes, and his long-sleeve orange camp shirt is rolled up at his elbows. He has Dorito dust on his shirt. "I mean, it's different from all those other shows, you know? Supernatural—it has everything you'd expect and more."

Ned Leeds is one of Peter's friends in their eighth grade class. They met when their teacher paired them together during science. They almost made two batteries explode, and Torin never had the nerve to ask them how on Earth they managed to do something like that. Ned is a charming kid with a sweet little smile. He's always polite, and usually grounds Peter when he has a crazy idea that involves someone pushing a button and waiting for Peter's finished product.

Torin has always appreciated Ned. He's always there for Peter when he needs him to be, and the three of them get along pretty well; Ned enjoys spending time with Torin just as much as he does Peter.

"I like it too," a young girl agrees. The girl is sitting on the matching brown leather sofa. She has her arms wrapped around her legs. Her sandy blonde hair is tucked behind a blue headband, matching her blue sweater.

The boy next to Mary-Jane scoffs, a charming smirk on his face. His eyes shine as he looks at the girl. "Of course you do, Mary-Jane, because the main characters are guys."

Mary-Jane blushes, quickly shaking her head. She puts her face to her knees, mumbling out, "That's not true, Harry."

Mary-Jane Watson peeks over her knees, glancing between everyone. Even at the age of thirteen Mary-Jane is the type of girl that everyone envies. She's gorgeous, wholehearted, smart, and hard-working. Her pale eyes always lock with someone when they talk, making them feel important. Her smooth skin is soft to touch—she gives everyone the best hugs. Mary-Jane lives in the same apartment complex as Peter and Torin, and the Parkers are friends with the Watsons, so it isn't hard to become fast friends with a girl like Mary-Jane. Only natural that someone like Harry is glued to Mary-Jane's side all the time.

Harry Osborn is the owner of the fancy media room that the four young teens lounge in on the cloudy Sunday afternoon. Posh and tidy is the way the Osborns live. Harry is always dressed smartly in nice sweaters, button-down shirts, blazers, and corduroy pants, pressed slacks, nice blue jeans—even for movie days. Everyone at school knows that Harry has money; his family name is plastered on billboards all around New York City, but Harry doesn't say much about it. He happily spends money on his friends, but hardly ever buys anything for just himself. Torin's pretty sure that Harry wishes his life were a little less money-based like Mary-Jane, Peter, and Torin, but he'd never say so out loud.