comfort and confessions

(Narrators pov)

It was 2AM. Blitz lay in the bed beside stolas resting after the hours of passion fornication.

The prince was propped up against his pillows, reading a novel under dim candle light.

The imp began to mumble and twitch in his sleep.

Stolas took immediate attention to him, turning to place a feathery hand on his chest.

"Blitzy? Are you alright, my love?"

Blitzø shot up fast, panicking and looking around franticly.

"Oh, my, you startled me, my love.. Did you just have a nightmare?"

Stolas place a hand on his shoulder using his free one to stroke the horns on his head.

"There there, is everything okay, my plaything?"

"Don't fucking call me that- I'm fine..."

he lied and averted his gaze to the floor. His arms crossed over his chest.

"Is that so?"

The prince looks at him, a little hurt, the expression on his heart-shaped face going from sweet and loving to a little sad to a little annoyed.

"Do you want to talk about what's bothering you, my sweet? We're here for each other, after all."

"It's nothing stolas."

His aggressive front showed to hide the true pain and fear he was feeling in the moment.

"Blitzø..."

The owl gently rests a hand on his chin, looking him in the eyes. His warm, comforting touch and reassuring gaze speaking volumes to his sadness.

"Are you sure, my love? I'm here. You can always rely on me, I don't want you hurting like this..."

He looks down once again, trying to hide the tears that had welled up in his eyes.

"Oh, Blitzy..."

His face softens. He leaned forward, pressing his cheek to his.

"What is bothering you? I hate seeing you this way..."

He looks into his eyes, his heart aching for him. He can see how much he is struggling. Whatever was troubling him was clearly something he didn't want to share right now, but the prince wanted to know what was plaguing him.

The imp shoved stolas off of him, not too harsh, but enough to get the message across that he didn't want to be touched right then. He walked off to the bathroom, shutting the door behind him and sitting on the floor of the tub with the curtain closed.

"Blitzø..."

He looked down at the floor, sadness and confusion on his face, hurt feelings filling him as Blitzø rejected his loving gesture.

"I- Blitzø!"

He walked to the bathroom, knocking on the door.

"Blitzø? Are you okay? May I come in? I promise I will give you your space if you require it."

No response.

The imp was scared that if he spoke, his voice would give away that he was nearing tears.

"Blitzø, please..."

He knocks once again, more urgently, worried for his safety, tears brimming in his red eyes, desperate to help his love.

"Are you alright? If you want to be alone, I will respect this, but if you're hurt and you need help, please let me help you, I would never forgive myself otherwise!"