chapter eighty two

___________________________________

The moment Clarke saw her bedroom, she knew the nap was delayed. Raven stood in the middle of it, crying. Clarke's bed was a pitiful battle field of ash and burnt wood.

Raven repeated her apologies over and over and that she knew Clarke was scared of loud noise and that she was sorry, she hadn't known Clarke was back, and she hadn't mean to ruin anything of Clarke's stuff, she had just tried something out in the basement and it had burnt through the wooden floor and caught Clarke's bed on fire and-

And she was cut off by Clarke with a, "Raven, it's okay. That's your problem to deal with mom and dad, because you just burned a hole through their floor. This is your old room anyway, not mine."

"But- but it's your new one. And I don't want you to have to go back to the old one."

"Maybe this is the sign that I'm not supposed to stay here any longer. I just stayed with my girlfriend two weeks Rae, to be honest I don't even want to go back to succumbing in my bedroom for weeks and do nothing. Maybe I need another two weeks off to find something new, and then my bed will be repaired. I don't mind if it's three weeks."

"But where will you stay?"

"She can stay with me," Lexa offered. "We've done it for months before, not a problem. The opposite."

Jake and Abby didn't look happy with the idea. "But honey what if- what if something happens?"

"Well, guess what would have happened if I had decided on a nap twenty minutes earlier."

That thought seemed to paralyze Clarke's parents and to be honest, nobody present wanted to think about that, so Abby very reluctantly agreed to letting her daughter go again. She was somewhat relieved when the Heda told her that, besides keeping Clarke safe of course, Abby and Jake could come visit any time.

So, Clarke and Lexa's nap was pushed back by one hour, but they didn't miss the opportunity of finally sharing Lexa's bed again. It felt like ages had passed since Clarke had been in the tower last. The bed felt softer, Lexa warmer, the sleep deeper.

Their 'nap' turned into sleeping until late evening. Clarke only woke up because of her hunger though. The journey hadn't brought her much sleep despite not riding the horse, and thus, she had dinner with Lexa but went back to bed afterwards.

When she woke up again, in was night. The room was lit as usual by candle light and Lexa was by the table, leaning over several papers and a notebook concentrated. Clarke grunted and buried herself in her pillow and the furs again. She lightly drifted off a few times, but after another hour or so of just lying there enjoying the state of being half asleep, she got up.

Lexa was fully engrossed in whatever she was staring at and scribbling down, but she immediately noticed the floor creaking when Clarke moved. Her instincts had fully gotten used to Clarke now, but she looked up from her work anyway.

Clarke walked over and Lexa let her settle on her lap. "Hi."

"Hi," Lexa replied.

"So this is what you're up to at night?"

"Mhm, no, mostly sleeping."

"No 3 hours sleep routine anymore?"

"Of course not. But I slept before dinner and I had something on my mind anyway."

"Okay," Clarke said softly. "Want to tell me about it?"

"Just something considering the nightbloods," Lexa said and Clarke nodded, leaning in for a soft kiss.