Sunrises Are Kind of Overrated.

(See ending for author notes)

~~~~~~~~~~

In the mornings, you always wake up early to see it rise. You'd say, "It's like the universe giving the sky a new special paint job."

I'd respond with, "I wish you'd give me a new special blow job," and then you'd throw a pillow at my face while trying to hide your smile.

"Dumbass," The reflected sunlight danced in your eyes, making them twinkle as you smiled.

With a cheeky grin I respond, "Yours, though."

The light created a glow around your hair and I don't think I'll ever get tired of the sight. You raise your arms above your head and groan as you stretch. Leaning onto the railing of the balcony, you gazed out onto the horizon.

I slowly made my way out of bed, a blanket wrapped around me for added warmth. Once at your side, you lean into me, and I can't help but think that our souls were made for each other. What else could explain how your shape moulds into mine when we embrace? Or how your warm hands are always there to defrost mine? Why did your arms feel like home and your voice melody I'd never want to forget? Wow, God sure as hell took his time with you. The faint freckles under your eyes and the curve of your smile were engraved upon my heart, and the force of your brilliance carved into my very being.

I didn't realise I was staring until you called my name for the third..? Fourth...? Time? Who cares, you were just so beautiful. I'd stare for as long as you'd allow me to.

You were wearing a shy smile and your cheeks were flushed, hands playing with the fabric of the blanket. "Stop staring,"

I fake a pout and say "Oh, so you can stare at the sunrise because you think it's pretty, but I can't do the same to you?"

Your face flushes more, if possible and a teasing smile makes its way into your expression as you lean closer to me. "Yeah, because in my case I can't catch a charge~"

I scoff lightly and boop your nose. "Oh, you SO can since you're disturbing my peace." Looking around, I put on my best Karen voice, "Officer? Officer! Yes, Officer this one right here!"

"Oh no, guess I've gotta turn this into a hostage situation, huh?" They wrap their arms around my waist from behind, giggling and my stomach filled with those pesky little butterflies all over again.

"My love, I'd be your hostage any day and for as long as you'll have me," I squeezed their enclosed hands lightly, beaming back at them.

They raise a brow with a teasing grin, "Stockholm syndrome already? Damn didn't know it worked THAT fast,"

"Dumbass," I scoff, but can't help the smile on my face as I turn and wrap my arms around their neck.

"Yours, though," They tease as they lean in for a kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a while, I apologise. Been very busy trying to stay conscious and present, so I haven't much time to write. Dissociation has HANDS, bro/lh

This one was sitting in the drafts for a while, unfinished. Hope it's up to par:) 

-Ink/Teddy

17/04/2023