› watching ‹

> warning : slight curses.
> definitely not fluff
> slight angst?
> plot; y/n and gaeul are exes. somehow, y/n could feel someone watching her from afar.

- 🍁 -

- y/n pov -

i entered the convenience store to buy some food and drinks since i'm running out of stock. i ate too much yesterday.

i took three cups of noodles, two packs of bun, one packet of candy, one soju, and three chocolate milk.

the cashier guy kept smiling at me, so i just smiled at him back because i didn't want to be rude. i paid the price, and he handed me a plastic bag of the things that i brought.

"come here again~" he bowed at me and smiled widely.

i bowed back and shared a small smile before walking out of the convenience store. he's kinda cute. but never mind.

i fastened my walk when i sensed someone was following me from behind. fuck, it was dark here. there's a chance i might get kidnapped!

i felt someone getting closer to me, so i turned around, and it looked like the cashier guy in a grocery store. he was holding someone's purse.

"this is yours..."

i only give him a small smile and take it from him. i bowed at him in respect, and i said, "thank you for your kindness."

he giggles while scratching his nape. he straightens up his pose and takes a few steps closer to me. "c-can i get your number? you're pretty..."

"it's better if we get to know each other first," i said. "but maybe next time, i got a lot of work to do," i added and smiled at him once again. "so see ya later."

time passed, and i was drinking soju to release all of my stress. i broke up with my girlfriend six weeks ago. we broke up due to my overwork. i don't think i can be the best girlfriend for her because i  didn't even spend time with her as much as she did for me. that's why i asked for a breakup and told her to find a new girlfriend who could spend her time with her.

but, she looks like she can't let me go. i can't see her getting disappointed just because of me. i don't want her to get hurt. so i have to let her go for good.

and here i am, crying my heart out because i miss her so much.

without me knowing, i passed out from crying too much.

- third person pov -

it's the right time.

gaeul thought. she made her way inside y/n's house using her back door; she knew y/n usually didn't lock her back door.

"my baby..." gaeul muttered, wiping y/n's tears that wetting her cheeks. "it hurts me to see you cry... why did you ask me to break up? you knew we could be a happy couple..." she strokes y/n's hair.

gaeul has been doing this since six weeks ago after they broke up. just y/n who doesn't know about this yet – gaeul can't forget y/n. she needs her back. but she knew she couldn't. with that, she stalked y/n from a distance. every night, she would secretly enter y/n's house and admire y/n's beauty, or cuddle with her; y/n is the dead sleeping type.

it honestly makes gaeul's evil intentions successful without much work.

"i need you back, y/n..." she mutters and tilts her head to admire her ex's beauty; she bites her lips when she remembers about that cashier guy. "i won't let him steal you away from me" gaeul scoots closer to y/n. "you're mine, kang y/n."

"you're mine."

a loud gasp leaving y/n's lips, she wipes her sweats and looks at the clock. "huh? is it afternoon? geez, i slept too well."

she rubs her eyes before realizing that she was on her bed. "huh? i was on my bed? do i sleep on my bed last night?" she asked herself. "nah, i should stop talking to myself," she stretched herself out while letting out a soft groan. then, she stands up from her bed and decides to clean the mess she made on the couch. y/n is lucky she doesn't have to go to work today.

- timeskip -

it was night and y/n decided to walk around her neighborhood. she had to clear her mind. she needed to stop thinking about gaeul and move on.

but what's the point if they run into each other there? their eyes met – y/n couldn't believe that she saw gaeul, her ex-girlfriend. her eyes watered, and she thought she was just hallucinating from thinking too much. with that, she wiped her tears and turned around to walk to return to her house.

is it logical to run into an ex-girlfriend at night?

pretty sure gaeul has planned this from the start.

"h-hey!" gaeul called her from behind.

gaeul embraces y/n from behind to stop her from moving further. she rests her chin on her shoulder as she whispers to y/n's ear, "it feels nice to see you again.."

that was absolutely a lie.

"l-let me go, gaeul" y/n squirmed. "you need to move on. i'm the worst person you've ever met. leave me alone!" y/n tried to push gaeul away, but gaeul tightened the hug.

"no, kang y/n!" gaeul stated. "you're not the worst person i've ever met! you are the best person i've ever met!" she said as she turned y/n around and cupped her face, only to see y/n was crying. "you are the first person who ever captured my heart. the feelings i've never felt before. you are the only person who ever makes me feel better than anyone!"

"stop! you don't deserve me!" y/n cried out. "i don't deserve those words!"

"y/n, shh," gaeul pulls y/n into a tight hug as she comforts the crying girl. "shh... calm down..." she mutters.

when y/n has just calmed down, gaeul uses her golden opportunity to cover y/n's mouth with a cloth. it made y/n pass out, and she quickly carried y/n to her car.

time passes, y/n opened her eyes and realized she was being tied. her mouth is stuffed with cloth. she looks around the room and feels familiar. she widens her eyes when she recognizes it is gaeul's bedroom.

her eyes began to water as she squirmed to escape. it's just tiring and wasting time.

then, she saw gaeul enter the room with food in the tray. she smiles and walks to y/n happily. "you're awake!" she states.

y/n just stared at gaeul with tears falling from her eyes. she watched gaeul sitting on her lap, putting her arms around her neck.

"stop crying, y/n" gaeul wipes y/n's tears and pulls out the cloth in y/n's mouth.

"LET ME GO, YOU CRAZY BITCH!" y/n shouted right in front of gaeul's face.

gaeul smiled. "no, no, don't say that, my darling..." gaeul grabbed y/n's jaw and smashed her lips on y/n's.

"you're crazy! l-let me go!" y/n squirmed right after gaeul broke the kiss. "we are not together anymore! move on!"

"oh, come on, kang y/n! i know that you still can't move on from me! why can't we just be together like before?" gaeul shakes y/n's body.

y/n shakes her head. "no, gaeul. i can't. i just can't... i always feel like i'm the worst person for you," y/n sobbed. "just move on, gaeul."

"no," gaeul said sternly. "if you insist on not being my girlfriend again..." she leaned closer to y/n's ear. "then i have to keep you here until you open your heart to me again."

with that, y/n knew that she was doomed.