𝟐𝟐 | 𝐑𝐡𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐦

Everyone decided to stay in Laurel Canyon for Christmas.

Camilla : [Smiles] It was actually Warren that came up with the idea.

Warren : I wouldn't say that, but it made more sense, you know? Travel expenses, actually travelling, packing, unpacking, repacking, you know it was just such a hassle. Besides, we were all the family we needed, right?

Eddie : I dunno, man. I did missed my grandma's cooking that year.

Camilla : I thought it was really sweet that Warren suggested we all stay together for the holidays. [Smiles] We really were all the family we needed.

Bonnie : It was nice, you know? After everything that had happened, band or no band, we still had each other. Even Billy seemed to lighten up during the holidays.

Karen : We all had a wonderful time.

Graham : We all took part in the festivities. You know, we worked together to make dinner, we decorated the house and Warren even made his infamous hot chocolate for us.

Eddie : [Rolls eyes] Save for the laxatives this time.

Warren : A temporary truce was put in place for the prank war. Consider it mine and Bonnie's gift to Eddie and Graham.

Eddie : Pfft, more like our gift to them.

Bonnie : After dinner, we went straight for the gifts.

Warren : Bonnie got us matching bracelets. It was really thoughtful, the beads on it spelled out 'Rhythm' in morse code. [Holds up wrist] I've worn it everyday since.

Bonnie : One might say we had a good rhythm going. Another might say we were tied together musically as we both played instruments that kept the rhythm going in the band. A poet might even say we were the heartbeat of the band. You decide. [Holds up wrist] Either way, it still applies to this day.

Karen : Everything was pretty normal until Warren handed Bonnie a small box.

Camilla : [Laughs] I thought it was a ring. Like a ring.

Graham : I remember that, man. We were all waiting quietly for Bonnie to open it.

Camilla : The suspense was killing me, [laughs] I thought we were going to have another married couple on our hands.

Eddie : You know what was in there? A beer bottle cap.

Karen : A fucking bottle cap.

Billy : Yeah, that one needed some explaining.

Warren : It was the very beer bottle cap that matched the bottle Rick Marks threatened me with the night I first spoke to BonBon.

Camilla : It was really sweet that Warren had kept it.

Karen : Obviously it was a bit random, but once Warren explained what it was I remembered how Bonnie lit up for the first time in a while when she met him. It was a really beautiful gift.

Warren : Sometimes you just know, man.

Bonnie : [Smiles] From bar fights to starry nights, look at us now. Speaking of, once Billy put Julia down for the night, he told us that he had been working on a song.

Billy : I had never really stopped writing songs, it wasn't in my nature. I asked if it could play one for them.

Bonnie : Our new boss shut that one down pretty quickly.

Eddie : Billy wasn't allowed to just walk back into the band as if he didn't completely screw us over. But, on second thought, if any of us had approached Billy with a song he would've done the same thing, so I told him to play it.

Camilla : [Smiles] It was a really beautiful song. Unfortunately I didn't have any film left to record it, I had been taking shots all day, but that made the experience even better.

Warren : Yeah, it sounded great when we first heard it. Granted, we were all pretty high that night.

Karen : It was good, but not great.

Bonnie : It's crazy to think that we had the bare bones of the song that would ultimately define our career as a band and if Eddie hadn't given Billy a second chance, we probably wouldn't be where we are today.

Eddie : You're welcome.