Part 13: An overly nice coconut

YALL better prepare cuz the next part gonna be spicy 

Word count: 1129

.

.

•Days Later•

It's been about two weeks since you were forced to join the Survey Corps. Erwin was nicer than you'd expected, and so were most of the other Cadets. You still avoided and ignored everyone though. Too bad it takes two to tango...

"Y/n! How did you sleep?" The annoying brunette questioned you as she took a seat at the empty table and sat beside you. "Have you even started eating?" You didn't say anything, like always. "I heard we might go on an expedition soon, are you excited?" For some reason your silence didn't bother this woman. In fact, you don't think she even cared if you were talking or not.

"Man, I'm so hungry today," she told you as she snarfed down some of her food. You kept staring at your untouched plate. You wanted to keep a low profile, and so far it was working. You sat in silence until Hange finally left. She's done this a couple times before. You stayed in the dining hall until breakfast was over, then you stood up to throw out your untouched food.

"Hey y/n-" you whipped around in surprise when you felt someone touch your shoulder. You were met with a surprised face, recognizing the person as Armin. "I was wondering if you'd ever want to practice with me and my friends anytime soon? We really want to get to know you..." he nervously looked down, a soft blush displayed across his cheeks. You eyed him before looking behind his head to see his friends eagerly looking over at you, obviously eavesdropping. They turned away when you saw them. Focusing back to Armin, you didn't say anything. He looked at you after a few moments of you not talking. "Is that a yes? Or a no?" You turned away.

Shaking your head, you let out a frustrated sigh as you walked down the hall, on your way to the training grounds. Don't they know that I'd rather not become friends? I've made it really clear... You felt your mood drop as you remembered Mary and Bella. I wonder how they're doing... A small gasp left your lips as you collided with something hard, causing you to fall to the ground. Ouch- you brought your hand to your head to grip the now throbbing area.

"Watch where you're going, brat." Your eyes shot open when you heard that voice, and you looked up to see the Corporals grey eyes staring back at you. Your blood chilled, remembering that one night. He put his hand out to help you up, surprising you, but you ignored him and scrambled up before bolting away. You felt his eyes burn into your back. Was that a mistake? You shook your head, opening the doors to bring you outside. A little training will help lift my mood, you thought.

Making your way to a punching bag that was far and secluded from the others, you wrapped some bandages around your knuckles before punching the sack. You took out all your anger, all your frustration and despair into each punch.

Danny.

Punch.

Kyle...

Punch punch.

You felt drops of sweat forming above your eyes, but you didn't stop. Each punch seemed to ignite a fire in you, giving you more and more energy. Finally, you gave a blow with a force so hard that the bag fell over. It was only then that you stopped, sweating and panting and exhausted. A wave of satisfaction washed over you, but it quickly vanished when you heard someone from behind you,

"Man, you're really strong." You whipped around to see Eren, the green eyed titan boy, talking to you. He was standing with his arms crossed, his eyes focusing on you with interest. "Have you always been like that?" You blinked, still panting, before simply ignoring him and picking the punching bag up. You positioned it correctly before beating the bag up again. You thought Eren would leave due to your silence, but surprisingly he stood there watching you abuse it. You decided to pretend he wasn't even there. That had been your strategy all this time, after all.

"Not a talker, I can work with that," he said after a long while. You turned to see him walking away, sweat dribbling down your forehead. With a huff, you threw one more clumsy punch at the bag before collapsing to the ground in a panting mess.

"To eternal bliss," you half hummed half panted as you rested your head on the grass. "I'm so glad to know.." you sighed, looking up at the sky above. Fluffy white clouds slowly made their way across the sea of blue. It was pretty.

Surprisingly, you haven't been able to see the stars yet, due to the fact that you weren't allowed to go out at night. You didn't know why that was a rule, probably to keep you from running away. Eh, you thought with a shrug, I'll find a way either way. You closed your eyes and let out a relaxed sigh. Oh how you wished Kai could see the sky with you. You embraced the amazing feeling of the suns warmth on your skin, it was confronting. Suddenly the warmth vanished, replaced with a cold shadow. Your eyes opened slightly at the disruption.

Somebody was looking over you, that somebody being Armin.

"Oh- I- I was just checking that you were okay, I saw you collapse and I thought maybe you needed help- I'm sorry for bothering you I- I'll leave now.." You gave him the tiniest smile, to which he gasped in surprise.

"Aren't the clouds so pretty...?" You whispered, closing your eyes again. Armin nervously stood above you before gulping and sitting a few feet away from you.

"I-I suppose."

"Down there, we never saw clouds. I didn't even know they existed," you softly chuckled. "They are very lovely. I wonder if anyone has ever touched them before? I bet they feel like soft cotton..." you felt hypnotized by the beauty of the outside world, it made you feel free, alive, and happy.

You heard the blonde boy chuckle.

"So you grew up in the underground?"

Your eyes shot open.

"Wh-what," you stuttered as you frantically sat up. "Why do you think that?"

He eyed you, his lips moving to rephrase the words. "You referred to down there, and I'm assuming that's the underground?" You frantically looked around before grabbing him by the collar and pulling him close.

"Don't you dare tell anyone else, Armin," he gulped as you hissed into his ear. He nodded and you let him go, returning to lay down.

"Well, uh- nice talk! Didn't even know you had a voice- I uh not in a mean way or anything," he added when you shot him a glare, "it's just that you never talk or anything but your voice is really pretty!" He blushed. "Alright I'm leaving now." And with that he got up and journeyed back to his friends. He's really awkward, you thought with a smile.