Chapter 1

When Mammon heard someone banging on his door he knew it wasn't good. It was never good. He felt a throbbing headache as each bang only seemed to amplify the pain. Whatever was being said to him was muffled and unintelligible and yet he knew exactly what was going on.

He tried to tell whoever was outside the door to stop, though for a split second it had seemed as if he had lost his voice. The smell of alcohol hitting his nose as attempted to say something became a clear indicator that he was just hungover.

Finally after a few seconds he croaked out:

"I'll be down there in a minute."

His throat burning as he says it. He hears the footsteps fading as he forces himself off the bed. His lights nearly blinding him when he turns them on.

Mammon decides to take his sweet time. He knew some sort of punishment awaits him beyond his doors so why not?  It would only mean less times with his siblings and is that really a bad thing? It might be better if he skips breakfast entirely.

He stood in the shower trying desperately to distract himself, he felt all the terrible thoughts he tried to erase come back to him

"Worthless"

"Greedy"

"Scummy"

Any attempt to silence the voices only made them grow louder.

"Die"

Hits his head with a closed fist a few time. It hurts but it helps him get out of his head, even if it's for a short while.

He finally gets out of the shower and begins brushing his teeth hoping to get the alcohol smell from his mouth.

He puts on his RAD uniform, and heads down stairs

He feels his brothers eyes on him as soon as he walks in. He didn't look up as he didn't want to look at his family.

"Look who's finally awake."  He doesn't bother with a response

"Could you have taken any longer?"
It was Satan who sounded quite annoyed at Mammon's arrival

"Yes, yes I really could" he thought.

"I was just tired"

"Tired? Or hungover?" Said Asmo.

"Can I not be both?" He thought while glaring at his shoes.

"Just tired." He mumbled

"Are you hungry? You weren't at dinner last night." He looked up, it was Beelzebub, his younger brother.

"Oh fuck" he thought. He forgot he didn't have dinner last night

"Nah I ain't hungry, and I ate while I was out. You can have my food if ya' want"

That was a lie of course unless alcohol counts as a food in that case he had a full course meal. 

"Thanks!" Beel beamed.

The room was filled with silence once again

"I'll see ya' later"

He walks out not wanting to make things worse for himself. As he was leaving he hears the room fill with laughter and conversation once again almost as if he was the issue.

His mind racing with only negative thoughts as he heads to school.

----

Mammon doesn't really enjoy school. He doesn't see the use and even if he did, he can't get himself to do the work.