0.0 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖘𝖙

The clock ticks and the sound of coffee being brewed can be heard. Along with the chatters of the customers. Everything seems to go in slow motion as you observed every act done by the customers. Most of them were with their friends, or lovers and a few of the customers were simply alone. They were either drinking coffee or eating pastries or talking to others.

You were too busy staring at the customers that you didn't realize that somebody is behind you, with a sinister look on their face.

"Boo!" The person said, enthusiastically.

You simply turned around and looked at the person with a blank expression.

"Aww, You didn't get scared?"

"you have been doing this since I joined Mellisa. It's getting old," you said in a monotone voice.

"Hmmph! I want to ask you something [Name]. why do you always have a grumpy expression? Cheer up! I tried you know!"

"I'd like to ask you something, Mellisa, Why are you always so happy at work?" you said as turned around from her to pour the coffee into a cup.

Mellisa is a tan female with shiny brown hair and beautiful green eyes that compliment her face.
She's always been a 'Happy-go-lucky' girl. It was noticeable when you first met her. When you wanted to apply for a job at this café.

You were running low on money and if that went any further you wouldn't even be able to eat one meal a day. Not like you can call cheap packaged ramen a 'meal' but you get the point. So, when you finally got a job application to work at a café you were so happy! Happy? Correct that, you were ecstatic!

When you entered the café for your first day the first person you met was Mellissa. She had a bright smile on her face and welcomed you with open arms. She then went on to saying everything you needed to know while you work at the café. And that was a big help, it made you more used to your surroundings. You have to thank her for that. Ofcouse you fumbled up in the first week but with a lot of tries and mellisa's help you the hang of it.

"why do you mean? Nothing comes good if you're always being so moody at anything you don't like! And it's pretty fun to compliment your customers
You don't know what they are going through.." replied Mellisa, To your previous question.

You liked the job before but like any other person, you got tired of it.
"But, Isn't it boring? It's the same routine day after day"

"well..you can't do anything about it. Sulking surely won't help y'know? Anyways, The coffee's gonna go cold! Nobody likes cold coffee on a cold evening!"
She said as she took the coffee you're holding and put it on her tray.

"well...see ya!" and..., she went back to give the customer their order.
.
.
.

The clock ticks again, The hour hand and minute hand points towards the '8'. Indicating that your shift has ended. Everything is more quiet now, only the sound of occasional customers and customers who were leaving could be heard. Along with the stacking of plates by the waiters.

Finishing up the last bit of work, you take your bag and walk outside with Melissa along with you.

"soo, what did you say you were going to do again after work? Play a untome game or whatever- it is called"
Mellissa said as she yawned, putting her hand over her mouth.

"Mhm, I heard some good reviews around it. It has only been out for a week or so. And it has been hitting charts so far"

"You know you should reward yourself with something. Something relaxing..like a spa bath! It's way better than playing your video games. You're gonna get a slouched back and look like an old geezer by the time you're 30!"

"doesn't sound that relaxing to me"

"no-! You don't get it! Just imagine it...a romantic spa bath..with rose petals, scented candles and a massage with aromatic oils..sounds like a dream come true for me!"

"and who's gonna pay for all that? I'd rather have something I can enjoy for a long time than something that ends after one night" you replied.

"Hey! Don't disrespect my baths like that! You never know till you try it. Why do you think I look so fresh and relaxed all the time? A relaxing bath at least every 3 days is a must!"
Mellissa said, huffing.

"No wonder you're always working overtime-"

"Hey it's not like that-! I'm just a hardworker, that's all! Yeah!"

.
.
.
After a few more bickering you both are at your apartment.
The dim light of the lanterns illuminates on the ground.
And you break the silence by popping out the question,
"soo.., are you coming over? It's pretty late y'know?

"hu-h? Oh, no worries. My boyfriend will come pick me up soon. He's right by the block" and just as she said this a loud honk from the road can be heard along with the blinding light of the car. The car is parked ahead of you and Mellissa and you could see the black locks of what you figure out to be Melissa boyfriend.

"oh there he is, just in time. Goodnight [name]! She says as she hurriedly rush to her boyfriends car with a giddy smile on her face. You hear the engine start and then the car takes off.
.
.
.

Gosh why does your apartment room have to be in one of the higher floors. It may have an amazing view; the reason why you choose it. But sore legs and an exhausted body after climbing up the stairs just after walking from your workplace is not amazing.

partially limping over the red carpet you see your door in view. '308' the label on the door says. You take your keys out from your bag walk into the living room. It's dark, but there are some light passing through the curtains from your windo which makes your surrounding visible. You lock your door and immediately go to your bedroom.

When you enter your bedroom you jump on your chair, toss your bag somewhere and pull of your socks in a hurry. Opening up your PC you see that the game has already been downloaded after you left it open overnight.

You hurriedly press the enter button. An image is formed of a group of males. Possibly the love interests of the heroine. All having their own colour pallet, They all look unique with their own personalities. The light illuminates the dark room as you excitedly wait for what comes next.

After playing the game for a while you understand that the game is a mix of fantasy along with modern aspects and cyper punk. The main character, The heroine goes on a journey with her companion cyborg to make peace with the world, she encounters various different people and settle a friendship with all the brothers ; the males you saw on the opening scene. And prevent them from destroying the world and corrupting themselves.
You notice that the heroine has a similar personality to you. Which makes you even more immersed and interested in the game.

After a few more minutes of playing the game you finally decided its time to go to bed and decided to skip dinner for today. 

You change into some comfortable pyjamas, and went into a deep slumber.

Unbeknownst to where your slumber will take you to.