16♡

Maybe Luxx was a little too happy about the twins getting the job at Wet Seal. Because that meant she could have an excuse to go see Irene more often.

As if she didn't see her a lot already now. She stuck around her a little more than usual in the mornings before school. She sat maybe a little closer to her than before in their shared class, and she had started spending more time with her at lunch when the twins were with Loosey and Jax.

And the two girls had definitely caught onto that.

"So~" Sugar was the first to start the conversation. She leaned forward against the driver's seat that Luxx occupied on their way to the mall. "What's been going on with you and Irene?"

Luxx stiffened up, trying to concentrate on driving. "What are you talking about?"

"You know." Spice giggled as she joined in. "Are you and Irene in love?"

Luxx almost choked. She glanced at the passenger seat. Next to her purse sat the CD Irene had given her just the night before. She bit her lip and tapped her nails against the wheel. She hadn't listened to it just yet. She feared that if she did, her feelings for her would only grow. "No, we're not in love."

But the twins didn't find her words very convincing. "Okay, so they're in love." Sugar turned to Spice this time, ignoring Luxx's denial. "Nobody will be a third wheel at homecoming now!"

"No-" Luxx huffed, gripping the wheel tightly in her hands. "I'm not asking her to homecoming." She said even though she knew she wanted to. "I literally just came out to my mom last night and I don't want to-"

Sugar and Spice gasped, staring at their friend with wide eyes. "You what?-" Spice squeaked out. "You didn't tell us about that-"

"Because I don't need the entire school knowing yet-" Luxx tried not to groan, regretting what she said now. "No one there needs to know and you two aren't the best at being quiet-"

"Are you ashamed?" Sugar asked with a tilted head, ignoring the part about them not being quiet.

The question took Luxx by surprise. She was silent as she pulled into the mall parking lot. She couldn't help but be ashamed. She didn't want to be, but she had always feared being looked down on and she knew not being straight had the potential to ruin what she had built for herself.

"I don't want to talk about this right now." She sighed. Yeah, it was nice to know her mom accepted her and still loved her, but thinking about what other people would think was too scary.

The twins dropped the subject. They stepped out of the car and gave Luxx a funny look when she followed. "You don't have to wait for us." Spice said. "We can have our mom pick us up later."

"It's fine. I can pass the time." Luxx responded. And based on the smiles that spread on the girls' faces, she knew they knew exactly where she was going.

And once they were inside the mall and in front of the store, she hardly finished wishing them good luck before she turned away. It was like some force pulled her back to Irene no matter how far she got from her. And she didn't mind that.

Before she could even enter the busy Hot Topic, she squeaked when she was bumped into and almost fell back. She was caught by the waist and didn't even have to look at who caught her. She knew the feeling of those hands on her too well.

"We always end up back against each other. Don't we?" Irene smiled as she pulled Luxx up and held her close.

Luxx blushed, trying her best to shake it off. "I feel like you purposely bumped into me as an excuse to get your hands on me."