Knock-off Rum & Streetlights

((Diana's POV))
A brisk wind plays through the holes of my jeans. I sigh and let the apathetic sound drift into the pool in my chest. I barely noticed the ever-growing slapping of hasty footsteps behind me on the pavement.

My concentration on nothing in particular is broken with a hefty weight of a strong hand on my dainty shoulder. I can't help but have half of my body fall slightly under the pressure. I turn around to see a guy with brutally cropped, blonde hair in green, baggy jeans and a torn shirt panting. He didn't look too threatening despite his height and toned figure.

"It's Diana right?", he asks starting breathing a little lighter.
"Yeah...who's asking?", I return.
"I'm Mike, one of Billie's best friends", he explains.
"Oh....what'd you want me for?"
"Here, Billie gave me this to give to you", he hands over a note, folded up in quarters messily. I take it then bid him goodbye.

Almost back home, I pull it out of my tight pocket in one quick action I unfold it with the same two fingers. It read..
"Meet me on the school's back oval tonight at 11:45, i'll be there. I'll be waiting."

My stomach flips, oh god I think i'm gonna be sick. But something tells me I have to go. I can't keep running from people, from that feeling of potential trust and bond.

((Billie's POV))
"Did you give it to her Mike?", I ask him quietly. "Yeah", his single worded reply sounded firm and trustworthy so I didn't question he might've gave it to the wrong girl. How in-depth I described her to him, I doubt he'd mix her up with another. Every other girl seemed so dull in comparison now.

[Skip to 12:00pm that night]

I'm sitting here, it feels like i've swallowed a flask of acidic concentrate and my heart's sunk into my stomach. I knew she wouldn't come. But it's that little bit of hope you hold inside yourself that crushes you. "Fuck you're stupid Billie Joe Armstrong, fuck, fuck", I mumble to myself, frustratedly punching the grassy soil I have laid myself on.

"Don't say that", I hear in a soft voice while someone lays next to me.

A wave of glee washes over me as I sit up and look down at her face in the dull street lights. She has the most charming smile on her lips as she says, "sorry I didn't come on time, sneaking out of a bedroom window that's tiny and creaks is a little hard when you're trying to go unnoticed."
I didn't even care why she was late. I just stared at her. "What?", the smile slowly disappears from her face. I shake myself out of it, "nothing, i've just been waiting."

"What'd you ask me to come here for?"

I shrug, I'm not even sure myself but I have to make something up. I remember a pack of cigarettes in my bag and cheap, knock off rum. With that thought I pull them out.

"Drink or dart?"

"Both."

I smirk and take the aluminium lid off the plastic bottle and toss the carton at her.
As we lay there sharing the bottle, cigarette butts littering the grass around us as our overly-joyful laughs cut through the night air.
I roll over after checking my watch that reads 2am. I rest myself with half of my being resting on half of hers. She slowly stop giggling eventually and she looks at me, I had settled before she had. "What?", she cheekily smirk at me. "Nothing", I slur drunkly. "No, no there's something".

I kiss her with intoxicated lips. Oh fuck I can't believe the feeling in my legs and fingertips. Don't get me wrong i've been with a lot of girls in my time but holy shit none of them have made me feel like this.

((Diana's POV))
He's kissing me. His tongue tastes of nicotine and choking alcohol. My knees are weak but I can't seem to push him away. I'm not sure if it's because i'm drunk or not but the love-of-the-carnal-type taste on his lips draws him in closer.
My head spins as his cold lips press to the soft skin on my neck, biting slightly in every kiss. My body has shivers running through it, he moans slightly. Oh god I can't handle to hold back returning the favour.

((Billie's POV))
What am I doing? Oh fuck, who am I kidding? I want this more than anything I've wanted. I feel her arch her back slightly in my arms under my weight, I can hardly resist tearing her bare from head to toe as I grind my hips into her and run a hand half way up her side under her shirt.

Just as I do, "BANG!"

We both jump up with our chests beating vigorously. "This is personal property, we will find out who you are and call the cops!". We run, we run as fast as we can trying not to collapse. When we reach the pavement I trip over my own feet, landing face-first into the concrete and pick myself up again, it didn't hurt but it will in the morning.

Diana turns around just as I do so and turns back for me. We lean on a streetlight pole, looking behind us to see an eerily empty street, no sound or sign of anybody. We smirk at each other as we lock lips once more. She's freezing, as I hold her she shivers continuously.

"C'mon, i'll walk you home", I suggest whilst handing her my flannel and slipping it over her narrow shoulders. Once we reach her brick-work house just five blocks away she says goodbye with a soft, enriched kiss. Before letting her go I finally work up the courage to ask her out. Haha "courage", more like "i'm drunk enough to not be worried about rejection".

"Of course, Billie Joe".

My heart flutters as I kiss her once more, letting her keep my flannel as she retreats back into her bedroom. I can't help but let the biggest smile i've had in years wipe across my expression.