Hermione's POV: Hot Tub Havoc 1/3

I stared up at the ceiling, my eyes focused on the small light that hung from it. The bulb was lit up, revealing layers of cobwebs wrapped around it. I closed my eyes. Suddenly I was running through the halls of Riverdale High, a man with a gun not far behind, firing consecutive shots directly at me. I opened my eyes quickly again. I hadn't gotten any sleep. Not since the shooting. Not since I'd almost died. I wanted to forget about it, pretend it never happened, but I just couldn't. Every time I closed my eyes I was back there again. Stuck in a repetitive nightmare. Whenever I tried to think about anything else the only thing that came to mind was Fred. I'd broken his heart all because of a stupid dare. I was done playing this game. I was done hurting people. I shuffled to the edge of my bed and jumped off it, flicking the light switch so the bulb dimmed to darkness. I left my room and ran down the stairs. My mom was in the kitchen on the telephone, she sounded worried. Of course she was worried though, I'd almost been shot "Okay, thank you, bye now" She exclaimed, putting the phone down on the hook. She noticed me lurking near the kitchen entrance. I walked in, folding my arms "Who was that?" She sighed "The cops, there's no news before you ask" I shook my head "They're useless, I gave them his description I told them everything that happened-" "And they are trying their best, it's only been a few days" I bit my lip "I guess" My mom neared me, placing her hands on my shoulders "They'll catch who did this, okay? They will!" I nodded although I wasn't entirely convinced. My mom tilted her head "You did tell them everything didn't you?" I laughed "Yes mom, I did" Okay, so that wasn't entirely true. I'd left out the part where I'd been given a dare by a complete stranger who threatened to kill me. I'd also left the part out where I was at Sweetwater River the night Janet died. I couldn't betray my friends. I couldn't betray Fred. Not again. My thoughts were interrupted when the telephone began ringing. I exchanged a worried glance at my mom as she went to pick it up "Hello? Appolonia Gomez speaking" She stood there for a moment, listening to whoever was on the other end "Okay, I'll get her" she nodded to me and held out the phone. I shook my head "Who is it?" She didn't reply but shoved the phone in my hand "Um, hello? Who is this?" The line crackled "Hey Hermione, it's FP" I let out a sigh of relief, at least it wasn't some creepy stranger "Oh, hey, what's up?" The line crackled again "Look, I know this isn't exactly a good time, your probably in pieces but I was wondering if we could meet up and Pop's if your up to it, you know, to.....discuss things" I gulped"Um, I don't know, will it just be you there?" I asked, I didn't think I was up to facing Fred yet and Alice had been a total bitch after I'd found her drugs. The line crackled again "Um....yeah...just me and you" I looked up at my mom who was gawping at me, concerned. I looked away from her "Um, yeah, sure, I'll meet you there soon" "Okay, cool" FP said. We said goodbye to one another and I placed the phone back down on the hook "So? What did he want?" My mom asked, arms crossed. I put my hands behind my back "He was wondering if we could meet up at Pop's we have some homework to do..." My mom shook her head "No! I don't want you going out just yet! Not when that monster is still out there!" I sighed "I know mom but I can't stay cooped up here all summer! The cops said I can go out as long as I'm with someone, FP will look after me!" She exhaled and stood there for a moment "Okay, fine! But make sure you stay with him at all times!" I smiled slightly "I will mom, I promise" We hugged for a few seconds and then I let go. Well, I guess I was going to Pop's.

I'm doing separate parts for this as it's quite long<3