Chapter Thirty-Two

Two weeks later, Penny was following Pepper and Peter through the mall like she'd done a mere couple months ago. Morgan was next to her and had a tight grasp on the thirteen year old's hand as she skipped along next to her. It was now September and the colder weather was starting to blow in. Pepper had decided to get her three children some clothes that matched the weather. They all needed something to wear in the colder months that were coming. Penny had nothing for the weather other than a few thin sweaters and her brother didn't fare much better. Peter had now gained enough weight from his improved diet and meal schedule that he no longer fit the small clothes he used to wear; the only things that really fit him now were a couple of long-sleeved shirts that had been his uncles and a few sweaters that he wore year round. Morgan had a similar problem, the eight year old had gone through a couple growth spurts since the past winter and no longer fit into the clothes she could wear the previous year. Peter was talking to the strawberry blonde about what he was currently doing in his classes and was trying to help her schedule a floor plan for them to get in and out of the mall as quickly as possible. The CEO wasn't wearing a disguise like the others usually did, her and Natasha were the only ones that seemed not to care about themselves being recognized . However the woman didn't want the four of them to be swarmed by photographers when she eventually would get noticed, so she was trying her best to make sure they slipped in and out. Peter slowed his pace to where he was now matching the pace of the younger girls and slipped his hand into Morgan's and began swinging his arm back and forth gently. Morgan giggled at him and picked up her pace in her skipping causing the two teenagers to speed up a little so she wouldn't trip.

Pepper paused and turned back to look at them. "Alright, we already know where Morgan wants to go." she announced.

The eight year old nodded her head quickly. "Uh huh."

Pepper chuckled, "Where do you two want to go?" she asked the two teens.

"I'm okay with anywhere Pepper." Peter responded softly while he shrugged his shoulders.

"I know you say that but the second we go into somewhere like Nordstroms or Bloomingdales, you won't pick anything out. Where would you like to go?"

"Umm I guess Macy's or Hot Topic, Wanda says they have really cool stuff." he announced.

"I guess they do, what about you sweetpea? Where do you want to go?" the blue-eyed woman asked.

"Hot Topic sounds nice and maybe Rue Twenty-one or Plato's, they usually have stuff that fits me."

The woman nodded, "Okay then, and we're stopping for more shoes."

Peter groaned a little, he hated shoe shopping.

"Don't groan Pete," the woman chided, "Morgan's basically outgrown her tennis shoes and her other shoes, and you and Penny only have sneakers."

"I-I have some flats and sandals," the younger Parker sibling responded

"And I like my converse," Peter responded, slightly poking out his bottom lip.

The woman narrowed her eyes slightly at the boy and pursed her lips; she hated it when the tried to talk her out of getting him things he needed, "They aren't waterproof and they won't keep your feet warm. We're getting you two some warm, winter shoes. Probably some boots." she replied, her tone showing that there was no room for argument.

Penny nodded, "Okay, Miss Pepper, whatever you think is best." she replied.

"Thank you sweetpea," the strawberry blonde responded with a faint smile.

Penny for the most part stopped calling her Miss Potts and now called her Miss Pepper, it made her happy at the progress she felt they were making. She'd also slipped up a couple times and called Natasha Nat without a miss in front of it, which had thrilled the redhead. She'd also started calling Steve Captain Rogers, Bucky Mister Bucky, and Sam was Mister Sam instead of referring to them as Mister Barnes and Mister Wilson. Clint, and Tony were still referred to by their last names, but Pepper and Natasha were pretty sure that it was because that's what Peter called them, so the younger girl stuck with it. After an hour, they walked out of the last store that Morgan had wanted to go to to get her clothes. The eight year old had also managed to convince Pepper to get her a stuffed Spider-man plushie to add to her collection of stuffed animals. She was holding the figure by his arm as Peter carried her around after she started to get tired of walking. Penny noticed the different treatment they all received compared to their other mall visits. When she'd come with the girls and Natasha, they were treated a little better because the redhead was recognized by a few store clerks and owners. With Steve, they were mostly ignored in the stores considering the man had worn a disguise the entire time and had struggled to keep the reins in on the group of teens. But with Pepper it was different, everyone recognized the strawberry-blonde. Store workers walked up to them constantly and offered help, they took the things that they were going to purchase to the front and held them until Pepper paid for them before taking them out the car for them. It was like they were royalty with the strawberry-blonde. Eventually they reached a store that they'd gone to the last time with Steve, Peter ended up getting most of the clothes he needed from the store. Most of them consisted of thicker flannel shirts, soft long-sleeved shirts, several sweaters, and some more pairs of jeans. His new wardrobe was basically whisked away by the time they had paid for the clothes. At the register, Peter picked Morgan back up and she wrapped her arms around his neck while he balanced her on his hip. The eight year old tucked her head into the crook of his neck and Peter used his free hand to grab Penny's hand as they pushed through the crowds. Hours later, they finally finished shopping. Penny had gotten some more sweaters, long-sleeved shirts and dresses and a few pairs of overalls. She'd ended up with more shoes than she'd planned. Originally she had picked out a pair of black combat boots and a pair of gray knee high ones, when Pepper realized the girl liked them and she'd gotten more in other colors. Peter selected two pairs of boots, a brown pair and a black pair saying it was all he needed and that he'd probably still end up wearing his sneakers anyway. His comment had gotten him a couple glares from Pepper and she fussed at him for not keeping himself warm enough. By the time she'd finished fussing at him he was sheepishly rubbing the toe of his shoe in the carpet and his cheeks were a bright red. Morgan had only wanted a pair of bright pink rain boots, which Pepper gave in and bought for her along with another pair of tennis shoes that were exactly the same as the eight year old's old ones. Later on they found themselves in the food court sitting at a table in a corner waiting for the chinese food that they'd ordered. Peter and Penny were sitting across from Pepper who was holding a half-asleep Morgan in her lap. They had four hot chocolate's sitting in front of them.