Chapter 05

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

JUNGKOOK POV

Choi Young-soo.

She's 16, her family is not much wealthy but not entirely poor. They have connections with nobles also. Which is why she was caught up with my grandma.

"So," I poked my ear looking around, "I have something to tell you." Hearing my words Young-soo stare straight at me, giving all her attention.

"What is it? Is something bothering you?" Her eyes pooled in worry.

"Yes, the marriage." I scratch my nose bridge at her confused face as I continue, "Tell your parents you don't like me." I didn't even stutter.

"Why?" She blinked her eyes looking up at me, "Am I not beautiful?" She asked with glossy eyes.

"No, you are beautiful." God! That sounds illegal, "I'm not good enough for you. I will leave for the city for three years. You have to be alone even after our marriage."

I try to pin my point inside her little uneducated brain. To my relief, she slowly nods her head half understanding.

"You don't have to blame yourself, darling." I added giving her a small smile, "Just say, am the problem & get away with it, yeah?"

She bites her lip, "You forget my name. It's not darling." She whispers, "I'll take care of the marriage. You don't have to worry." Her head dropped down as she poked the grass under her feet with her toe finger.

I nod feeling happy. Fuck, it's easier than had thought.

"Good girl." I turn, walking off from the garden.

After I come back in, Young-soo followed behind a few minutes later.

"What happened?" My father asked.

"Nothing." I respond, sitting back on the chair.

"This is my daughter, Choi Young-soo." The girl from earlier come and sit quietly not looking at me.

"She's looking beautiful." My grandma compliments her inside my ear.

"She's 16," I whispered back only to get a painful smack on my back.

"What do you think about her?" Before my father could speak. I jump into the conversation.

"My father will write you, sir. For now, we shall leave." I stood as everyone looked at me but...

Choi Young-soo didn't look at me.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••