prologue

prologue

warnings: injured dragon, ig

Svana faced the beast who seemed to have injured its tail fin, and maybe bruised a wing? It let out a snarl, it's mainly black scales reflected off the moonlight in a silver color. "Easy.." she spoke, remembering what her father had said of them.

Her eyes showed no fear, as it was just as scared of her as she was of it. Well, that's what she had always been told by her dad. She took another glance at the tail fin. She could most likely make a cast of sorts for it- after all, she wasn't Gothi's apprentice for nothing. "You got hurt, huh?" She smiled lightly, moving to get a better look at it. "Could I help you?" She asked kindly, the dragon let out a small snarl before sitting down to let her look at it closer.

She took the snarl as a warning. And would hopefully not ruin what trust she had been given by the dragon. It laid down, and nearly whacked her with the tail as it swung away from it's body so she wouldn't do anything to it while it has its guard down?

To be honest, Svana had no clue why it did that. She sighed, reaching over to feel it. "Okay. Okay. Yeah. I'll go back and get you something to help with that tail." She nodded, before pausing as she turned to walk away. "I need to hide you. Good Thor, I can't let you be seen here. Why- the village would freak." She gently poked the dragon who roared in response before nonchalantly seeing it was her and crooned in confusion.

"C'mon bud, we gotta move you somewhere. I can't let them see you." It turned it's head to the side, before getting up and shooting a blast of plasma then walking into it. Then they were gone. Vanished into thin air. "Oh- that works. Follow me. I know a place you can... hide?" She shrugged, and led the invisible dragon down. Somewhere along the way, the camouflage wore off and it was back to being seen.

She arrived at the small open enclosed space. Svana had discovered the area when she was looking for places to get away from the village when she could. A small smile appeared on her face as she sat down there. The dragon made a purring sound as it curled up by her. Trust. Oh, she would never break it.

Svana hummed, then realized she had to go make a cast of some sorts. She exited and left, knowing he'd be safe. The girl yawned, walking back to the village where she was greeted by mostly everyone as she passed walking to the place and sat down as she drew out some sketches.

"Okay. Just need to..." she prepared the cast for the tail fin, having worked mostly on it, and helped out Gothi here and there. Of course, she had slightly picked up her dad's skill of blacksmithing. Slightly. It wasn't exactly perfect. She sighed, and exited the place with a yawn and headed back down.

At footsteps the dragon perked it's head up, then noticed it was Svana and relaxed. She waved and brought the cast over. "Okay buddy, stay still." She hummed, as she placed the cast on the tail fin.

"Stay. I'll visit soon." She mumbled and walked away after making sure the cast was secured.