Prologue

Long ago, the kingdom of Arcaladia was united, a strong and powerful nation, a force to be reckoned with.

The mainland was surrounded by mountains, forests and seas. To the north-west lay the three islands, one with rocky coasts and harsh seas, another with lush forests, and finally one with desolate caves - Nauticalia, Staelinhurst, and Heskaraland. The Islanders served the mainland, and most resources came from them: Lapiz-gold, cavernite bronze, even purperite! The Mainland supplied windswept iron from the vast mountain mines, but only the wealthy could afford such a pleasure. Therefore the peasant Islanders were overworked and underpayed, even though their metals were more valuable than windswept iron could ever be.

But when King Smidvarg IV came to power, his tyranny turned the Islands against the mainland and its monarchy.

He was brutal, constantly punishing the Islanders, and pushing their work to the limits. He raised taxes massively, destroying the economy. Mainlanders bathed in their riches, whilst the Islanders struggled daily for something so simple as survival.

But...

The King forgot that the Islands were there long before the Mainland.

Soon enough, the Islanders had had enough.

The revolution has begun.

In the land of the great kingdom, where mountains tower high and the sea stretches wide, where forests are thick and caves run deep, a prophecy is foretold.

When the moon rises full and bright, four humans shall rise to the fight. They'll come from different walks of life, each with their own trials and strife.

One will hail from the mountains high, where the air is thin and the snow is nigh. Their strength and fortitude will lead the way, with a heart as pure as the light of day.

One will come from the depths of the sea, where the waves crash and the currents flee. Their spirit free and wild like the tides, their bravery unwavering like the ocean's might.

One will wander through the forest's keep, where the trees grow tall and the creatures sleep. Their knowledge of nature will be their guide, with a wisdom that's deep and hard to hide.

And one will venture into the cave's abyss, where darkness reigns and danger persists. Their courage will shine like a beacon of light, leading them through the depths of the night.

Together they'll unite and overthrow, the monarchy that's caused such woe. With their combined strengths they'll stand tall, and bring justice and peace to all.

This prophecy will come to pass, when the time is right at last. And those four humans will be remembered, for the legacy they've rendered.

-The Great Prophecy, foretold millenia ago.