First day in faraway (sunnys pov)

I had just moved from Canada, British Columbia. The cost was too much for mama, and we couldn't stay. I really loved it there, despite my name, I really love rainy and cold weather. It's always nice to be outside and feel the cool breeze on my face, and the raindrops on my skin. I never really had any friends, though. Everyone called me a freak and if anyone dared to talk to me they were a freak too. I was a "freak" because of my black eyes, and point teeth, they all thought I was a vampire. I never minded, though, I love vampires.  plus, I don't need friends, I have my sketch book to do the work.

As my mom pulled up in our grey van, I noticed they bright house next to us. There were two kids playing outside, one, a taller, older one in blue, and the other one, short, small figure, and a tooth gap. Something about the second one caught my attention. But, I quickly got it out of my mind to get my bags in. Marilyn, my sister, helped me with my big bags while I mostly carried my captain spaceboy comics.

I sit on my bed reading the 9th book of spaceboy, when I hear a clink at my window. I choose to ignore it, and continue my reading.

*clink!*

The noise was stating to get annoying. But whatever, it will go away eventually.

*clink*

Ok, that's it. I get up and open my window, I let out a short aggravated sigh,
"Alright, who's there?"
It's that boy, from the house next door! He was throwing small, hard rocks at my window.
"Heyyy!! Your sunny, riiighht? I'm Kelsey! You should come out to play!"
He gave a big goofy smile, he was missing his right front tooth.  I thought for a moment... it was really hot outside, and he seems to energetic to me. But something about his goofy smile, I blurted out something I never heard me saying in this situation.
"..alright."
His smile lit up even more, and I regret my words. He yells he will be waiting, something makes me wanna make him wait forever, but something makes me wanna be.. with him? This feeling was new. This might be my first friend. But, done friends just slow me down? Whatever, this won't last. Nothing does.

I walk down stairs, and ask mama and marilyn if I could go outside. Marilyn laughs and teased me as usual, and I head out. Kelsey was waiting   On my doorstep, playing with dirt rocks and whatever he could find. He somehow sensed me? I don't know, but he showed me the way to the park while blabbering.
"So, where'd ya move from? Why did ya move? Was it cool there? Do you like it here?!

"Well. I moved from bc, money problems, way cooler then here, and so far kinda."

"That's awsome!! Marilyn and henry are already bestest of friends. Oh yeah! Henrys my brother!! He's 13, and I'm 10! Your 10 too, right? You look older then me."

"I'm 10."

"Yes! I was right! Well, we're here! Welcome to faraway park! I go here basically everyday, I know almost everyone here. Heheh."

"Cool." What else am I supposed to say? I'm not a big talker, and he obviously is. It seems we are nothing alike.
"You ok, best friend? Cmon, I'll show you hobeez! It has a super cool comic called captain spaceboy!"
There's a lot to tackle here, one, best friend? We just met. And two, he likes Captain spaceboy? Im surprised this boy even knows how to read. Well, that's one thing we have in common.
"I like spaceboy."
"Wow, you do!!?? That's so cool, I never met someone else who likes it! Who's your fav character? I like spaceboy, I know, basic!! Hehe!"
I nodded. They day went on, I didn't say much, but I warmed up to him. I think it might me different from now on.

Maybe faraway isn't so bad.