Her Romanian Beast- Chapter Eleven

Eleven

    I was startled awake and looked around not knowing why I was wrenched from the most comforting dream. Calista was there in my dream. She was wearing a gown similar to my mother’s. Her hair danced in curls as she twirled by a faceless gentleman.

    The music ended and she clapped with everyone. Glancing around, we were in a ball. The ballroom as it used to be at the height of my mother and father’s time. It was beautiful. I smiled turning back to Calista. Not as beautiful as her.

    She looked over to me and blushed as she lowered her eyes down to the ground demurely. My heart sped at seeing that display. That she looked so proper and refined.

    “Ladies and gentleman...” I turned wide eyed to the sound of my father’s regal voice. He stood proudly next to my mother in front of their thrones. His eyes fell upon me and he grinned. “This night we are to celebrate the future union between our son, Prince Stephan, and his fiancee, Princess Calista of Fanley.” He raised his glass and everyone did too. “May they be in bliss for all their days.”

    There were shouting and cheers all around the ballroom. I was pushed toward her as her blush deepened. I bowed taking her hand and I placed a delicate kiss upon it. One speaking to her that she held my heart. Something I couldn't do in real life.

    When I rose, I smiled down at her and took her in my arms. Music drifted around us as we danced. She stared up at me with a sweet delicate smile as I mirrored my expression to her. We danced till I snapped awake. The feeling was so real within the dream.

~

    My eyes snapped down to Calista as she coughed. Sweat was beading down her forehead. I rolled her over and found her was breathing raggedly and weakly. I brushed her damp hair away from her forehead and placed my hand over it. She was burning up. Her temperature was now more than my own.

    She’s ill.

    I closed my eyes. I can see that.

    She won’t last long.

    I opened my eyes and looked down at her. Her cheeks were as red as her nose. Both bright.

    She coughed again and the sound wasn’t so good. I could hear the fluid in her lungs. She wasn’t just ill. She has contracted phenomena. She could die.

    I rose and draped her coat over her. I made a small stone bowl out of rock with the help of my beast. I used the bowl to scoop some snow up and melt it near the fire. When it was a cool liquid, I coaxed Calista to drink. She needed fluids in her.

    She needs more than that.

    I growled under my breathe. It’s all I can do!

    Not all we can do.

    “No.” I said under my breathe. We can’t do that. She isn’t ours to do that to.

    Bullshit! You know as well as I that she is ours. The old gypsy said it herself. Our woman would be one marked by a rose. Well, she was. She is ours!!! He argued right back at me.

    I slammed the empty stone bowl on the ground nearly hard enough to shatter it but it just cringed. I spun around as I rose swiftly. My fury at him hitting another level.

    No she isn’t. She hasn’t shone that she would accept us.

    He growled at me as I felt him getting into a fighting stance within me. She never feared me! Never feared us during the full moon. She hates being away from us.

    I will not force that upon her. IT’S NOT RIGHT!!!

    He turned his head away. FINE!! Watch her die before your eyes knowing you could have saved her. And with that he slinked away inside me huffing the whole way. I cringed as if I heard a door slam in my face. He went to his private within me.

    My eyes fell onto Calista. Was he right? She would die if I didn’t do the one thing I knew that could save her life? But she’d hate me if it did. That I took her choice away from her. I just couldn’t do that to her.

    Time slipped past us as I fed Calista more water. I held her as I did watch her slipping farther and farther away. Closer to death. Her coughing was getting worse. Her temperature was too. It was slowly inching its way to critical.

    “Fine!” I shouted feeling the tears slip over my cheeks. “I’ll do it.”

    I felt my wolf reenter my mind. About time fool.

    Shut up. I said as I laid down next to her. I pulled her so that her back pressed to my front. Moving her hair away from her neck and shoulder, my eyes transfixed on the croak of her next. The place I was about to bite. The place my mark will stay.

    She is perfect for us. This you cannot deny.

    He was right. She was perfect. There was no doubt about that ever. I just wish she could have had a say in this.

    “Please don’t hate me for this.” I whisper into her ear as I grazed my lips over her earlobe. Something I’ve wanted to do for a while now. Every time she tilted away from me. The desire now was undeniable.

    I lowered my head down and kissed her croak. My arms tightening around her as my lips moved away from my teeth. Teeth that had the canines lengthening ever so slightly as they did when one of us marks a woman for our own. I felt desire and possession surge through me.

    She jolted as I bit her. Her skin showing the smallest amount of resistance before it gave in to me. Her blood seeping a little into my mouth, but that was to be expected as I held her. My wolf howling in triumph.

    It took everything that I had not to rip our clothes off and partake of her. The way her body was moving against me. Her rear rubbing against me. Her hands on my hips. Those sexy gasps from her mouth as I shifted my bite a little. I wouldn’t take that away from her too.

    After her scent shifted, I knew that she was marked as my mate. I lifted my head and watched as her skin knitted together on its own. I lowered my head again and kiss it. She gasped lightly in the middle of her ragged breathing. Ragged breathing that was no longer obstructed by fluids within her lungs.

    See. She’s healed and fine.

    I frowned at my beast. I moved her hair away from her forehead and felt her forehead. Her temperature had also broke. She was going to be fine now, but will she feel differently toward us.

    She doesn’t have to know just yet.

    I scowled at my wolf. We must at least be honorable about what we’ve done.

    He grumbled knowing I was right. Give us sometime before you do. He was worried about her reaction too.

    You know I’ll be telling her what we are. He just nodded as we both looked at her.

    We watched over her the rest of the night. Holding her. Stroking her hair. Both of us praying she fully accepts us for what we are. That she won’t leave us when she does.

    I never slept again the rest of the night. Both my beast and I too in awe at what we did. Too awed by the woman in our arms. We didn’t mind either. We just listened to her even and uninterrupted breathing.

    Mate. My wolf kept saying all night softly with a smile. I had smiled too liking the sound of it with her in my arms. That Calista was our mate and no other's.