-007-

-•𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄•-

ʙᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪɴ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴍᴏᴅᴇ

The amber eyed woman whipped her infamous boomerang to the side, before taking out her tanto and throwing kunai in multiple directions

One brave man, Kyuto —Akumi believes was his name, appeared behind her with a speed matchable to her awakened clan mates

She widened her eyes in surprise as she felt a single seal placed on her back, turning around to face his hopeful gaze.

She let out a Cheshire smile as her crazed eyes flickered, "You're an amusing guy."

The seal burned up in a black flame, before the blaze coated her entire body, reaching out to grab the man only for him to evade the attacks.

"Kch-" He was pierced with a tanto from behind. So fast-!

Akumi sliced the tanto downwards to take it out before harshly stabbing a kunai in the side of his head.

"Next."

"You- Your future was to die in that cave!" One howled in agony after witnessing the clan mate's rough death, "SO HOW??" He looked at her.

"All these rules and guaranteed results of death regarding the Darkness exist with the sole exception of me." Yellow eyes flashed towards the man, as a bloodlust rippled through the woman.

A true Mazoku was not born, and may never be; what remained scarier was Akumi Mazoku being truly freeborn, and that seemed to be the worst case scenario for any enemy who will be trampled in her path.

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 ☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

"An activated Mazoku over a few simple, brainless babies?" Daiki Akuma scoffed in annoyance.

Harsh, ragged breathing left Kai as his eyes sharpened considerably. Cuts that lined his face healed as his chakra jaggedly coated his body. Four Akuma laid on the ground before him, as his eyes targeted one man.

"You're going to die, Akuma." He spat. Kiro and Futari were not able to activate themselves, trying to evade Kai's chakra bubbling and spitting out from inexperience.

Two of the Akuma activated their own inner chakra, flaring it out before freezing.

Everyone froze as malicious aura begun it's course through the land in ripples.

Daiki Akuma's eyes squinted in confusion, thinking of impossibilities, before a sole exception slapped him in realization. His eyes widened in horror. "No- oh no- Akumi- Akumi survived." He stammered. Where can you hide from darkness at night?

"What a surprise." The said woman leered from behind him, the impenetrable darkness gathered and pierced into his heart.

"Krcht-" His words were strangled as he suddenly fell down in weakness as his chakra dissipated.

Kai's flare of chakra forcefully deactivated as its creator showed up in Akumi.

Akumi grabbed his hair, bringing her mouth to his ear. "Since you seemed so worked up and paranoid over it this afternoon I'll let you know... That dark forest consuming the unconscious mind that made your clanmates kill your father in a coup... was all planned out and executed by Akuyami Mazoku," Akumi leered.

"You- bitch-" Daiki choked as his eyes glowered up at her, before turning empty as he fell to the ground with a deafening thump.

The other Akumas were immediately slaughtered from the sharpened darkness that sliced them in half in an instant from behind them.

The three Mazoku looked at their Clan head in astonishment and bewilderment, unable to move as the woman stared at her former suitor.

"Aijiro," She beckoned the 30 year old Akuma to come out of the bushes. She waved a hand to the man with a ridged scar across his nose bridge, introducing the man to her younger clanmates, "This man is Aijiro Akuma, who was loyal to my father. He has continued to join us, so treat him as you would my best intel."

"Kai Mazoku." Kai bowed.

"Futari Mazoku." Futari nodded.

"...Kiro Mazoku." Kiro stood proudly, leering at the man before him.

"Aijiro." Aijiro snapped his attention to Akumi in an instant.

"Yes, Akumi-sama?" The man responded mannerly.

"Did you do it?" Akumi asked.

"I did. However, I have one favour, Akumi-sama. This one child I wish to spare. He is a baby, my nephew, please." The man looked at the ground with a hard stare in respect for the woman.

The woman stared at him with hard yellow eyes. "Do as you please."

"Thank you, Akumi-sama."

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 ☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Aijiro carried a baby in his arms as he walked out of the bushes once again to meet the Mazoku. The baby's name was Miyo, he introduced.

"Now that I have gained what I wanted from here, I believe it is time to go back to where we were," Akumi decided in a tone that did not ask for permission. "If there is peace in the region then we will join willingly."

"Join? Is that not a disadvantage for us, Akumi-sama? Although we gain protection, is it really worth it if we have no power over decisions?" Futari asked curiously, his black eyebrows lightly scrunched.

Akumi took a glance at him, before walking toward the cave the toddlers and caretakers were dragged out of to be executed. "You're a clever boy, but it would be much better to be there. You get education too, hopefully. I'll bring it up to them if not. If I can put some input into the planned layout of the village that would be great. Overall it's much better than a whole clan compound to ourselves if we're guarding."

"That's true." Futari mumbled, sheathing his tanto.

"Let's make our way over there now." Akumi said, wiping some blood off her face before jumping onto her boomerang that flew into the air like a glider.

"Lucky..." Kiro murmured, to which the other two nodded.

"What was that?" Akumi called out from above.

"Nothing, Akumi-sama!"

A giggle was heard in the distant night air.

word count : 962