[5] stargazing

After dinner Jere reminded me that the first bonfire of the summer was tonight, I talked to Belly and asked if she wanted to go since she was older now

After dinner Jere reminded me that the first bonfire of the summer was tonight, I talked to Belly and asked if she wanted to go since she was older now. She explained that there was no way her mom would let her go, I tried to convince her to at least ask her mom but she said that she was excited about watching the movies with the moms tonight.

She clearly wasn't gonna to budge so I asked her one more time before heading off to my room so I could get ready.

I put on this cute blue short sleeve dress that had small white flowers all over it, I had been saving this dress for this night in particular.

I put on the dress and decided that I would do beach waves in my hair to go with it. Once I was done that I still had lots of time to waste so I touched up my makeup hoping to kill time.

I still had an hour before we were leaving and I groaned, could this come any slower?

I walked downstairs and saw Susannah getting snacks ready for their movie. "Hey do you have any nail polish?" I asked and she nodded, "Yeah, I do. Are you thinking of painting your nails?" she asked and I nodded.

"Yeah I have time to kill so why not." I replied and she smiled, "Okay well there's everything you should need in my bathroom, it'll be the third drawer on your left." Susannah said and I smiled.

"Thanks!" I said as I ran up to her room, I walked in her room and turned on the lights. The bathroom was connected to her room since it was her house.

I walked into the bathroom and turned on the light, I went into the third drawer on the left and saw a bunch of things for nails.

I looked through all the colours and tried to find one that would match my style.

I decided on white since it was easy and would match my outfits for the rest of the summer. I grabbed a top coat and bottom coat, along with a nail file and walked out of her room, closing the lights and door on the way out.

I walked back into my room and sat down on my bed. I began to paint my toe nails, but it went quicker than I thought it would. I decided to also paint my fingernails, but I had to file those to get a certain shape before I started.

Ten minutes later I was already done and I sighed, this was gonna be a long forty minutes.

I put everything back where I found them and walked downstairs. I saw Conrad sitting my the pool so I walked out and sat beside him.

He was smoking another joint and I smiled at him hoping he would take the hint, he eventually did and he passed me the joint.

After taking a couple hits I passed it back to the boy, "So... why'd you quit football?" I asked him and his whole body tensed. "It didn't really interest me anymore." he lied.

I gave him a look before deciding to drop the subject, I knew he was lying but I didn't want to push. If he was ready to talk about it he would've, there's no need to force it out of him.