24

Onika's POV
Store
September 4

My day started at 6am today. I had to go get Beyoncé's cake, the house decor, make sure the restaurant reservations were set and go confirm the gift I had for her.

So first I went to pick the cake up with Brandy, who was keeping me company.

"It's so fucking early." She yawned after climbing into my car. She leaned over the arm rests to hug me.

"Morning, B." We pulled away and I pulled out of her driveway. "You agreed to come, so don't complain."

"Girl, I will go back to my house right now."

"You won't." I kept driving. "So we need to go get the cake. But this isn't the actual cake. This is the cake for the house. The other cake is at her dinner."

"I know your kids are going to have a field day." She chuckled.

"I'm hiding the cake and giving them slices without showing them the cake." I explained whilst getting onto the highway.

The drive was a comfortable silence. I could tell Brandy was really fighting sleep. I bursted out cackling when her whole body flopped forward at a red light.

When we finally got to the cake store, I had to wait a few minutes for them to bring it out. It was crazy that they were open so early, but I specifically asked to collect it early.

Once I got the cake, we got back in the car and drove to the decorations store. This is where Beyoncé and I differed. She liked pre-planning and I normally just improvised on the day.

The decorations store wasn't too far and luckily it was open, so we went in and just started grabbing a bunch of stuff.

Beyoncé's birthday colours were royal blue and gold. The combo was so beautiful. So I got her gold balloons and other blue things.

I paid for everything and we went back to the car. The next stop was Victoria's Secret. I was looking for something very specific.

"What are we doing here?" Brandy asked as I parked the car outside the mall.

"We need to go to a store in there. Duh." I jokingly rolled my eyes. "Come on."

We both hopped out of the car and headed inside. It was like a ghost town in there. Since it was early in the morning.

I guided Brandy straight to Victoria's Secret. She gave me a skeptical look and I just dragged her into the store.

"Oh." She spoke when we went straight to the lingerie section.

"What should I get?"

"Oh?" She looked at me with her brows together.

"Just help me, Brandy." I rushed her, using my hands to show urgency.

"Be calm, girl." She waved me off and walked further into the section with me.

"I'm thinking blue." I suggested.

"So we're looking for blue?" She asked. I nodded my head and we split up to look for some good lingerie.

After a few minutes, we'd gathered a few pairs and we were just looking over them. I pointed to the non-laced bra before speaking. "This is a no."

"So that leaves these 3."

"I like these two." I pointed and we got rid of the third one.

"Just buy both. I have a feeling that one of them is going to be ripped or torn after it's first use." She disappointedly shook her head.