Chaoter 26

It was dark when I opened my eyes. That dream replaying me meeting Newt bounced back and forth in my head.

I wonder why I suddenly dreamed of that day? Hopefully he was okay?

It was the last day of the trip before we head home tomorrow. The teachers said they had something big planned. They also said you don't win anything. I think the teachers just wanted to tire us out.

Marc had sat down all the students the night before and interrogated everyone about the blood writing in front of our tent. No one had seen anything.

I started to get dressed when I heard people walk up to the tent. They were arguing softly. Finally Marc peaked in and when he saw me up he walked over to me.

"Okay... please, please don't panic." He sounded concerned. By now his voice had woken up Poppy who was walking over in her night gown.

"What? Did someone write stuff again?" I asked.

"No. Some Aurors are here to talk to you."

I blinked confused, "I already spoke to them. Right after the twins passed I talked to them, sorta."

Marc sighed, obviously frustrated. "Our damned mother.." his voice started to get loud so he stopped and took a deep breath, "our mother has pressed charges against you for the death of the twins."

I could feel my heart sink. I glanced at Poppy who was shaking her head. "She can't do that. I was here when they spoke with her. They said she wouldn't get in trouble because it was self defense." Poppy argued.

"They said Elise," Marc didn't even bother to call her mother, "handed in new evidence." Both Poppy and I began to argue but he calmly shushed us and kept talking, "I don't know what the evidence is."

The two Aurors walked in. It was a man and a woman. Their long trench coats seemed to block out the small light from the sun rising. "Miss La Fey," the female called, "you have to come with us. A witch has pressed charges against you for the murder of Andre La Fey and Giselle La Fey. You'll have to come with us for questioning."

"She didn't do anything bad." Poppy yelled at them.

"It's just questions." The male auror tried to reassure poppy who was not having it.

"Then question her here." She demanded.

"Not how it works."

I stood up fully and walked over the them. Poppy tried to pull my hand but I kept going. "I should be okay, Poppy. I'll be right back. I promise." I took a deep breath. "Just let the boys know. Or they might panic a little."

"Ava, im panicking a lot right now I don't think they'll panic a little. Especially Sebastian." Poppy begged.

I smiled hiding my fear. "I'll be okay."

______

Sebastian's pov

Poppy's angered yells is what woke me up today. I actually wanted to sleep into day as well.

"Poppy sounds really angry." Ominis pointed out, already dressed and drinking tea by the fireplace.

"Why couldn't they just question her here?!" We both heard her yell. "And why didn't you do anything? Aren't you here brother?"

Her voice was closer and suddenly she was busting into our tent still in her nightgown. He feet were bare and muddy from walking in the dirt. Her face was red with anger and her hair was still definitely her bed head.

"Boys." She yelled in an exceptionally angry tone. "Get dressed, two Aurors just took Ava in for questioning."

I was already seeing red as she finished her statement. "Why?" Ominis asked putting his tea down.

"She was charged with the death of the twins."

"Poppy please get dressed and then we'll talk." Marc pleaded. "I couldn't do anything because I'm a professor and her brother. She would get in more trouble if I did anything."

"Shut up Marc." Poppy snapped shocking him slightly. She turned and looked at me. "We have to figure out what her mother is planning."

"I'll kill anyone who hurts her." I muttered as I got dressed.

"No you won't because you are a student." Marc said in disbelief. "And they said they just want to question her."

"Professor La Fey, do you know much about Azkaban?" Ominis asked him.

"She's not going to Azkaban. Don't they have like..
An office?"

"At Azkaban!" We all yelled at him.

"They are going to torture her if your family is anything like mine." Ominis sighed.

"Boys do not leave without me. I need to change."

I eyed Marc as he stood in the same spot dumbfounded. "Are you coming with us? Do you trust us to get her out? Or are you going to try to stop us?"

Those were his three options. But no matter what he chose, I was saving my girl.

Marc looked me in the eye and nodded. "I want to go. But I'll probably be more useful as a distraction."

"No," Ominis spoke up, "I should be the distraction. What help would I be at Azkaban?"

I looked at my best friend confused, "you don't want to save Ava?" My tone came off a bit too harsh but I was having a really tough time keeping myself calm.

"Of course I do, Sebastian. But honestly. What could I do?" As I tried to think of something to say he spoke up again. "I Can be more helpful This way. And you'll have a DADA professor with you."

He was right. Poppy ran back in. Now dressed and had Ava's bag over her shoulder. "I'm ready." She stated.

I finished getting dressed and looked at her and Marc. "As am I."

"Go save Ava." Ominis demanded as Marc touched our shoulders and we aparated away.