Chapter 3

The test had ended with half of the testing grounds reduced to rubble. Hikaru and Uraraka had to be personally escorted by a worker robot because they had trouble looking for the exit. Uraraka had volunteered to make herself float to spot the exit but Hikaru shot the idea down quickly, a little wary of getting vomit over his jacket or shoes. She had apologized profusely for what had happened but Hikaru had told her that it was okay and that stuff like that happened all the time with Quirks.

The boy who had saved them was carried away by some robots after getting some treatment from Recovery Girl, his broken hand snapping back in place forever ingrained in Hikaru's mind. He wondered what other injuries other participants had. From what he could see in his group, not many suffered serious injuries, mostly scrapes and bruises. He hoped Nico was alright as he made his way out the grounds.

Uraraka:

Kawasaki-kun! I made it out of the grounds. I won't throw up anymore!

Hopefully...

:)

Kawasaki:

That's good. We have to wait a week until we can hear from U.A. Are you nervous?

Uraraka:

Kinda.

Nevermind, I am very nervous.

What if I don't pass? What do I do?

Kawasaki:

Don't start panicking just yet, Uraraka. It's too early to start doing that.

We have a week to wait so we're better off doing other things to keep our minds off of it.

Uraraka:

You're right.

Okay!

I won't panic!

Oh! The train's here!

Can I talk to you later?

Kawasaki:

Sure. Stay safe.

Hikaru had gotten her number before the left because he was worried that she might faint due to her Quirk's side effects but he was also keen on making a new friend. It never hurt to make a new friend. And if they manage to pass, they might be classmates so it'll be more comfortable having someone you know, even a little, in the class.

Speaking of friends, Hikaru had waited outside the testing grounds where Nico was and met her when they were done. She had managed to get 49 points which was something she boasted about as they went on their way. Apparently, most of the participants in her group had Quirks that weren't all that useful in the setting. Hikaru had a sneaking suspicion that this was as the school intended. After Nico told him about this, he thought back to his own grounds. There were more participants capable of scoring by themselves, very few actually failed. The most notable ones being Aoyama and this one participant that had some kind of detonation Quirk. He had a sneaking suspicion that the classes for the first years were already formed the moment the higher ups received the participants' files. It wouldn't make sense for one group to have all the most powerful participants now, is it? Unless this was the school's way of segregating those who would pass. From strongest to weakest.

Hikaru merely shrugged. If that was true then it didn't really affect him since that meant that the school was already eyeing him and that was his goal, to get into U.A. He did find it rather unfair for those who had useful Quirks but couldn't show them off because of how the test was. If someone, for example, had a mind reading Quirk, they could discern the intentions of anyone in an instant, a power that could benefit Heroes but they wouldn't be able to prove their worth if they're up against robots. He hoped that the staff also looked at other factors as well during their selection other than sheer power.