The Intruder

My friend's sister frequently babysat. One night, she was watching three kids, whose parents were going to be out until about 2:00am. She fed the kids and then they watched some movies. Around 8:00pm, she put the two-year-old to bed. At 8:30, she put the four-year-old to bed and at 9:00, the eight-year old.She was still hungry so she went back downstairs to make herself a sandwich. When she was almost done, she heard the eight-year-old crying and calling her name. She went upstairs to see what was wrong. When she got up there, the child said she was cold, so the babysitter looked around for another blanket.As she was doing that, she noticed that the window was open. She thought she had closed all of them but didn't think anything else of it. She closed the window, gave the little girl another blanket, and checked the other windows in the other two children's rooms to make sure they were secure, and then went back downstairs.When she went back to the kitchen, she noticed that her sandwich was gone. She just brushed it off and blamed it on the dog. She made herself another sandwich. Again, she heard crying, but this time it was the four-year-old. She went to his room, and he too said he was cold. She noticed the window was open again. She was worried this time because she knew she had locked it. She didn't want to scare the child so she just shut and locked it.She returned downstairs and turned on the alarm system. When she went back to the kitchen, she discovered that her second sandwich was gone. She was really worried so she decided to call the cops. When she told them that her sandwiches were disappearing, they thought she was crazy. She then told them about the windows opening repeatedly and they said it was probably just the kids doing it. After she hung up, she made herself a third sandwich.She soon heard the two-year-old crying and went up to see what was wrong. Her window was also open. At this point, she was very frightened, so she gathered all of the kids, the cordless phone, and took them into a pantry closet in the kitchen. She called the police again, saying that she was really scared because someone keeps opening the windows and stealing her sandwiches, and it's not the kids. They told her not to be worried, that they would be over in a few minutes to check it out.She hung up the phone and held onto the kids tightly. A few minutes later, she heard a noise in the kitchen, and saw the knob turning on the pantry door. She was about ready to scream when a cop opened the door. She asked why they came so fast. He had a worried look on his face and told them to get out of the house. He then told her that while on the phone, he heard a double click (Btw thanks for the reads and votes,I'm grateful)