Chapter 1

I walked into the building and headed towards the reception area. "Hello, I am Noah McCall. I start today."
The cold woman replied, "Yes, follow me."
I followed her towards the lifts, and we went inside. She gave me an envelope and said
" That contains your ID, a copy of your work contract and a list of your basic duties. You will find a work laptop and tablet at your desk to keep track of Mr Zion's schedule. In the top drawer of your desk, you will find a binder containing all the people and companies with which the company has a relationship and a summary of all our current open projects. If you still have any questions, you can contact me. I am zero on speed dial on the phone. Make sure you familiarise yourself with the binder and schedule any questions?"

She said as we stepped out of the lift. I shook my head
"No"
"Good", she replied
We walked to the end of the corridor, and then she knocked on the door
A deep voice said
"Enter-"
Then she opened the door, and we walked in. "Sir Noah McCall is here."
"Thank you", the man replied
Then the woman left, leaving me alone with him
"H-hello, sir. I am your new personal assistant."
He glanced up at me " Good morning. I am the CEO, Leo Zion. I'm sure Natalie has explained the basics, but I will warn you I expect you here by 7:00 am to help me prepare for the day. I will be here by 7:30 am; please dress appropriately, as you will always accompany me. You are now the face of the company, and I will not tolerate any embarrassment. Keep me informed and updated on my schedule. You will be responsible for it, so do not mess it up. Do you think you can handle that?" He said as his eyes pierced into my soul.
" Yes, sir"
He stood from his seat and smiled. "Good-" reaching his hand out to me "- I think we will work well together" We shook hands, and then he pointed to the side of the room and said, "That's your desk; please make yourself comfortable."
I walked over and opened the envelope I was holding. I took out my ID and clipped it to my trousers. I used the sticky note left on top of my laptop to unlock and set up the laptop and tablet then I familiarised myself with the schedule and the binder. Before I knew it was 19:00, and I was at home. I ate some cold pasta and went to bed as I had a busy day tomorrow.

The Next Day

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I glanced at the time as I turned off the alarm. It was 5:30 am. I struggled to muster the energy to get up, by I eventually found myself staring at a defeated reflection as I brushed my teeth. I ultimately found some motivation to go to work when I remembered that I got to spend it with Leo. I recall his deep blue eyes, which reminded me of the ocean, and when you look into the way, you would get lost within them. His black hair, which he secured in a man bun which suited him effortlessly, his lightly tanned skin, the way his muscles wrapped around his 6-foot-tall frame and his smile, the way it lit up a room and made me feel warm and gooey inside. Damn, I'm lonely, I thought as I went to take a shower.

Afterwards, I dressed in a navy blue suit and when to the kitchen to make myself a breakfast bagel before getting in my car and heading to work. I arrived at the office at 7:10 and began setting up for the day's event. I printed the files needed for the meeting and placed the documents that needed to be checked for the day on his desk. Then, at 7:25, the boss walked in; after all the early birds had said their pleasantries, I began informing him of the day's events. "There are some documents on your desk that you need to approve on your desk. The agenda for the 9:00 am meeting is also there so you can go over it, and we have a tour of a potential warehouse facility at 3:00 pm. You also have three one-on-one meetings with the PR department director, finance department director and HR department director. That's all that is scheduled for today."
He nodded towards me as he walked to his desk and began working.

At 1:30 pm, the was a knock at the door. I looked up at Leo. He gestured I should open the door. When I did, a man came in, pushing a cart with food and drink. He set it aside and then left, closing the door behind him. Leo looked up from the report he was reading and said, " Are you not going to take your lunch?" I was hesitant but got up and picked up one of the containers of food as well as a bottle of water. The food tray contained a portion of lasagna with a side of salad and what looked like apple crumble for dessert. I looked at my boss and said, "Thank you, sir."
This seemed to confuse him, and he asked me, "Why are you thanking me."
"Because of the food."
That didn't clear the confusion as he responded, " I expect you with me at all points during the day. Why wouldn't I get you lunch."
I blushed. "Uhm, I just wanted to show my appreciation", I whispered in response.
He glanced at me one last time before going back to work, leaving me embarrassed about the whole situation. I quietly went back to eating my lunch and then returned to work.
After lunch, we headed to the warehouse and did a tour of the facility before heading back to the office. When we arrived, he asked: "Would you like to go shopping with me?"
I was shocked and stared at him " I'm not sure I understand, sir."
"We have a party to attend on Friday. I must ensure you have suitable attire, so let's go shopping together."
"Oh, okay"
" let's go. I'll drive."
" what about my car."
"Don't worry; I'll drop you off at your house. Come on", he said as he flashed a smile and started walking towards the lift. I followed him to his car.

Before I knew it, we were at the tailor's. We entered the store, and a shop assistant greeted us, saying, "Good evening. How can we help you today?" With a polite smile, Leo replied, "I am looking for an evening suit for my associate" Gesturing towards me, the woman looked towards having finally noticed my existence, then said, "Please come this way" She led us towards a fitting room, she then offered us some champagne before leaving to find some suits for me to try on. The woman came back with a range of suits to choose from. Leo immediately chose a forest green suit and said with a commanding tone, "Try it on."

As I emerged from the changing room, Leo approached me to help adjust my tie, causing me to blush

As I emerged from the changing room, Leo approached me to help adjust my tie, causing me to blush. I could feel my heart pounding through my chest then he whispered into my ear, " It looks good on you; it brings out the green in your eyes" I couldn't help but gaze into his ocean eyes. I finally returned to reality when he turned to the saleswoman and said, " Could you please pack the suit we are taking it."
I took off the suit and met him at the counter with the suit bag he had already paid for it, so we started walking out to the car when I said, "I could have paid for the suit myself" Leo chuckled as he replied, "it's fine I can write it off as a business expense. Just think of it as a welcome present. I do this for all my assistants."
When he said that, my heart broke a little. It had been a cold refreshing taste of reality that my boss didn't like me, and I needed to get over my crush.

We drove to my house in silence, and the journey seemed to go on forever, but then he finally stopped outside my apartment complex. I said, "Goodnight and thanks for the suit", before rushing into my building. When I entered my apartment, I kicked off my shoes and placed the suit on the coffee table, and then I walked into my bedroom and collapsed onto the bed. I drifted to sleep, trying to forget the horrors my crush had caused me during the day...

A/N: hi, please leave a vote if you enjoy the story and leave your thoughts and corrections in the comments, as I would like to get some feedback.

Thank you for reading