StevexEddie

The Creel house creaked around the three friends as they stood and stared out at the wasteland that was Upside Down Hawkins and the scorch marks on the pavement where their villain should have been laying. The screeches of the demo-creatures took over the atmosphere as rumbles of the world collapsing around them shook them all from their trance. Steve could feel a bead of sweat running down the back of his neck, stinging the strangle marks from the vines.

"We gotta go..." he finally said, turning to the girls and doing his best to usher them out of that house.

Nancy shook her head, "But he's not -"

"I don't care, right now we gotta get out of here, we need to get home, I need everyone safe" he reassured her, breathing out a slight sigh of relief when she followed his orders with one soft nod, tucking her arms around Robin and exiting the house quietly.

As they made their way down the cracked and worn roads of the dark town, a musty smell seeped from the ground and through the screams of the creatures around them, Steve could hear soft sniffles from Robin as she comforted Nancy, the three of them moving as fast as their sore bodies could carry them back towards the Munson trailer.

The closer they got, the louder another sound echoed through the chaos.

Dustin.

Steve's eyes widened and his head snapped toward the girls, adrenaline coursing through his body once more. As if the two of them could read his mind, they picked up their pace and raced as fast as their legs could carry them toward the boy's screams. Fully ignoring the shooting pain coming from the right side of his body, Steve's focus remained on Dustin... and Eddie.

Where was Eddie? Why wasn't he helping with whatever was happening to Dustin? There was no way he'd leave him in danger like that. Not on purpose. Not a chance.

His breath caught in his throat as the smaller boy came into view, collapsed on his knees, as he sobbed over something laying on the pavement.

Shit.

Steve hurried down his way towards Dustin, ignoring the pain and everything else around him completely. He only wanted to see and make sure. Make sure it wasn't the one person he didn't want to lose right now.

Dustins crying got louder and more painful as they got closer, and soon, the body Dustin was hovering over came into a clear view - Eddie.

"Shitshitshitshitshit-" was all Steve could breathe out as he scurried down to see what was going on. "Shit, Dustin. What happened?" Steve didn't hesitate as he saw Eddie lying on the ground, cuts and blood all over his face, a spot on his shirt that was basically dripping in blood. Steve took one of his old bandanas and tried his best to stop the bleeding by pressing it onto the wound. He was so concentrated on an unconscious Eddie that he didn't quite listen to Dustin's rambling.