chapter twenty-three

Sitting stiffly you stared down at the table, finding it more interesting than your father's glare was. Striker was standing a few feet from you, hands clasped together tightly as he anticipated your father's every move.

The air was stuffy and foreboding. The room becoming hot as your father passed around you and striker, looking at you, before directing his gaze to striker.

"So-"

Crimson started, stopping in front of the table you sat at. His gaze directed to striker.

"You thought you could pull off a Romeo and Juliet stunt. Think I wouldn't notice the loud, clumsy, bright horse of yours taking off?"

Crimson asked, arms crossed over his chest as he glared at striker. Striker opened his mouth to retort only to be slienced by crimson.

"Don't answer that. I have a feeling I won't like what comes out of your mouth- and you!"

He snapped towards you, his eyes hard and glazed over with anger and hurt. Pinching between his eyes his brows furrowed.

"Why? Why didn't you just simply ask me to go out? I would've made time on your schedule."

He spoke exhausted, you couldn't help but feel guilty. Here your father was, dealing with you and striker when he could be finishing off some paper work or getting some sleep, and yet he was wasting his time lecturing you.

"I-..."

Staying silent was probably a better choice. Crimson was easily angered so how he wasn't telling at you and striker, threatening to have both your asses on the mantle.

"Your punishment starting now is taking laps around imp city. Now, I'm not cruel so you won't being doing it on foot. You'll be using your wings."

Crimson spoke, watching your eyes widen.

"And as for you... Oh, I have some ideas of what you can do, and believe me, you ain't going to enjoy it one bit."

Crimson spoke with a foreboding tone, his arms crossed over his chest as his tail twitched but remained bent in weird ways.

"Now, you little missy. Head off to bed and you, you wanna be Romeo, your sleeping on the couch."

Crimson ordered, watching the two teens leave the area to go to bed, striker left for the living room while you left to your room.

Word count 382