8

(pov de barbara)

  - timeskip to next day -

i got up pretty early in the morning for church as usual. noelle was already gone as well, probably to work. i would've told her to stay if i had woken up sooner.
...the events of last night were still lingering in my mind. she said said she loves me too. why am i so worried? does she hate me? no way, she wanted me to stay with her.
i would want someone to talk to but my sister probably wouldnt care all that much... and lisa is probably sound asleep. sucrose or fischl wouldn't know anything about this kind of stuff. kaeya... he's a romantic guy but he scares me a little. definitely not bennett. mika? no, he's too much of a wuss. diluc, maybe? no, he's probably busy.
then... who?
as i walked closer to the entrance of the cathedral, i saw someone hiding in the shadows. it was sister rosaria! would she understand? ive heard shes a good listener. i dont lose anything if i try!

i walked towards rosaria and tried to speak to her.

barbara: "h-hey... sister rosaria?"
rosaria: "hey barbara. shouldnt you be at choir practice?
barbara: "yeah but... i want to talk to you."
rosaria: "about what?"
barbara: "about noelle. you probably already know this, but i've got a huge crush on her. and a while back i confessed but shes been depressed, and then yesterday i tried to kiss her and she blocked me, and now i dont know if she really loves me back or if she hates me now!"
rosaria: "woaaaaah barb. take it easy. i already heard about the news and how she wont become a knight... maybe... ask her to be your knight"
barbara: "that... that sounds so cringe!"
rosaria: "yeah i know, but it would benefit the both of you. noelle would feel a sense of importance, and you'll have extra protection from the creeps that crawl around angels share and the cats tail."
barbara: "oh my archons, you're right! you're a genius rosaria!"

i hugged her without thinking, which i thought would be a bad idea, until she hesitantly hugged me back.

barbara: "i'll go look for her now! thanks alot!"
rosaria: "good luck, barbara."

I FINALLY GOT TO CONTINUE
its a short chapter but atleast its something😭